Community Calendar for Thursday July 11, 2019
- Drinking Water Distribution continues at the Old Elementary School Library today from 7:30am – 6pm. The Boil Water Order continues as pressure valves for the water system are repaired and replaced.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals are at: Bridges High School at 7:45 and noon; Warm Springs Youth Center – breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30; and at Buff Elementary breakfast is at 8 and lunch at 11:30.
- Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: venison stew, brown rice, corn bread and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Today’s noon fitness classes at the Community Center are Functional Fitness in the social hall and Boot Camp in the Aerobics room. Personal training is back at the Community Center – find out more by calling the Community Wellness Department 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243.
- The last class in the Being Tobacco Free series in Warm Springs is today at noon in the Family Resource Center. Learn about the benefits of living tobacco-free. Everyone is welcome – lunch is provided.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
The Jefferson County Relay for Life is Saturday at the Fairgrounds in Madras. The opening ceremony will be at 10am. The Silent Auction – with more than 400 items, opens at 11am and closes at 7pm. Teams of Walkers will participate in a relay walk for a 24 hour period with special games and activities. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society to help with cancer research, education & advocacy. This year, cancer survivor Becky Picard of Warm Springs will be recognized.
The Madras High School Key Club will be offering a Kids’ Cultural Day on Saturday from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park. The country being highlighted is Mexico. There will be craft activities for children, samples of Peruvian food and drinks and traditional costumes.
Boarding School Applications are due at the end of this month. Students planning to attend Chemawa, Riverside in Anadarko, Oklahoma, Sherman in Riverside, California, and Flandreau in South Dakota need to complete them by July 31st. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the Old Boys Dorm.
The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs will be held on August 15th. New this year there will be an outdoor market and food vendors during the event. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.