Community Calendar for Thursday July 18, 2019
- The boil water order continues for the Warm Springs Agency Water System. Drinking water distribution is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Elementary School Library. They also have ice available there. Showers are open 6am – 9pm. This situation is expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
- Water outages are occurring – and everyone is asked to not water lawns or wash cars. Water reservoir levels are low and so reducing your water use will help
- The 509J Summer Food Service Meal Program is available today in Madras at Bridges in the Westside School at 7:45 for breakfast and noon for lunch; at Buff Elementary – with breakfast at 8am and lunch at 11:30; and in Warm Springs at the Youth Center at 8:45 and noon. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- There is a food handler’s class this morning at 10:00 at the Health & Wellness Center atrium. There will be another on July 24th at 2pm.
- The senior citizen picnic is today at the Warm Springs Senior Center at noon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3.
- Thursday’s noon fitness classes at the Community Center are Functional Fitness in the social hall and Boot Camp in the Aerobics room.
- Jefferson County Public Health, the Native Aspirations Coalition, and the JeffCoConnects Community Network is inviting people to a community-wide visioning meeting this evening at the Agency Longhouse. It will start at 5:30 and includes a light dinner. The meeting will gather community thoughts and opinions about how to improve health and wellness in Warm Springs. For more information, call Beth Ann Beamer 541-475-4456
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is a Throwback Thursday movie night featuring the Lion King this evening at the Community Center Social Hall at 7. There will be a dance after hosted by Thomas Medina from 8:30-10. Cash and recycled cans will be taken as donations to watch the movie. Concessions will be available. This is a fundraiser for the Tananwit Artisan Organization.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. There is a walk-in intake clinic tomorrow from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up tomorrow from 10am to 3pm on campus in front of the Community Action Team office. New vendors and anyone fundraising is invited to set up. KWSO will be there with gear for sale and we will also be selling food. Looking forward to seeing you at the outdoor market this Friday 10am until 3pm!
- The Summer Jam Film Fest is happening on Saturday at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors will open at 6pm. This year’s video theme is Language is Power. There will be door prizes, youth t-shirts, and local videos. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free! Contact Bigg B if you have any questions.
Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online.
The Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo is next week, July 24-27. Entry into the fair is free. Pre-sale carnival ride passes are on sale now at the Grocery Outlet in Madras until July 23. There will be night entertainment and the rodeo starts at 7pm on Friday and Saturday.