Community Calendar for Tuesday July 30, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. The boil water order will remain in effect.
- There will be rolling water outages this week as work continues to prepare for replacement of the Pressure Relief Valve Stations.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals in Madras are at Bridges in the Westside School – breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at 12:00; and at the Warm Springs Youth Center where breakfast is served 8:45-9:15 and lunch is available 12-12:30.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is beef & shrimp vegetable stir fry, wild rice and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Here are today’s Fitness Activities at the Community Center – There is a Youth Yoga class at 10am in the aerobics room, Functional Fitness is at noon in the social hall and Insanity Class at noon in the aerobics room.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- Boarding School Applications are due tomorrow for all students planning to attend Chemawa, Riverside, Sherman and Flandreau Indian Schools. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the old boys dorm.
- The Downtown Park & Play event is this Thursday from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. Everyone is invited to enjoy a warm summer evening of food, music and vendors. Anyone interested in setting up as a vendor can visit http://downtownparkandplay.com/.
- The Art Adventure Gallery’s All-Jefferson County Exhibit will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County. The opening reception is on Thursday from 5:30-7PM.
- Tananawit’s next movie night fundraiser will be on Thursday in the Community Center Social Hall at 7pm. They are showing the movie Mulan. Admission is by donation – they will accept cash donations or recyclable cans donations.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
Indianpreneurship classes are coming up August 17 & 24 at the Community Action Team office. This program teaches the basics you need to know to start your own business. They will cover all 12 lessons over the two Saturdays from 9am to 4:30pm. Call 541-553-3148 to sign up.