Community Calendar for Wednesday July 17, 2019
- The Warm Springs Agency Water System still has a boil water order in effect and that is expected to continue this month. Drinking water distribution is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Elementary School Library. Showers are also set up again and are open 6am – 9pm.
- Kids 18 and under can get free, nutritious meals through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program today at: Bridges High School at Westside School at 7:45 and noon; Warm Springs Youth Center – breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30; and Buff Elementary at 8 and 11:30am.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: spinach stuffed tilapia and broccoli grape salad.
- Noon hour fitness classes in Warm Springs today are: Functional Fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo in the clinic atrium. The 6am Fusion Fitness classes are back – Tuesday & Thursday mornings in the aerobics room. Personal training is back at the Community Center – find out more by calling the Community Wellness Department 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243.
- Mom, Dad & Baby Group is Wednesday from 2-3pm at the Family Resource Center. This is for all parents, families & caregivers who take care of a baby or young child. They offer a snack, an activity, a craft and breastfeeding support. To learn more contact MCH Nurse Allie Anderson at 541-553-2460.
- There sports physical clinic at the Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center today on July 17th, on a first come first serve basis. Kids will need to bring a parent or guardian with them and can start checking in at 12:45.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- There is a family movie night this evening in front of the Behavioral Health Building at 9pm.
- There is a food handler’s class tomorrow from 10am to noon at the Health & Wellness Center atrium. There will be another on July 24th at 2pm.
- The senior citizen picnic is tomorrow at the Warm Springs Senior Center at noon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3.
- There is a Throwback Thursday movie night featuring the Lion King, this Thursday at the Community Center Social Hall at 7pm. There will be a dance after hosted by Thomas Medina from 8:30-10. Cash and recycled cans will be taken as donations to watch the movie. Concessions will be available. This is a fundraiser for the Tananawit Artisan Organization.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. The next intake clinic will be this Friday from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office. Walk-ins are welcome.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up Friday from 10am to 7pm on campus next to the Community Action Team office, on the corner of Paiute Ave. & Warm Springs St. Interested vendors should contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148.
The city of Culver is seeking vendors for the Culver Crawdad Festival being held August 17. Call 541-546-6494 for more information.
The Warm Springs Library is having a summer reading program for youth 18 and younger. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences in August – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is a community gathering planned for all participants on August 25th. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due August 16th. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or email@example.com.