Community Calendar for Wednesday July 24, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. Additional repairs to the Agency Water Distribution System are scheduled to begin next Monday. In the meantime – everyone is urged to conserve water.
- The 509J Summer Food Service Meal Program is available today in Madras at Bridges in the Westside School at 7:45 for breakfast and noon for lunch; at Buff Elementary – with breakfast at 8am and lunch at 11:30; and in Warm Springs at the Youth Center at 8:45 and noon. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: cantaloupe chicken salad with yogurt chive dressing.
- Noon hour fitness classes in Warm Springs today are: Functional Fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo in the clinic atrium. The 6am Fusion Fitness classes are back – Tuesday & Thursday mornings in the aerobics room.
- Mom, Dad & Baby Group is Wednesday from 2-3pm at the Family Resource Center. This is for all parents, families & caregivers who take care of a baby or young child. They offer a snack, an activity, a craft and breastfeeding support. To learn more contact MCH Nurse Allie Anderson at 541-553-2460.
- There is a food handler’s class today from 2-4pm in the Health and Wellness Center atrium.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo is starts today and runs through Saturday at the fairgrounds in Madras. Today is Honoring Veteran’s Day. There will be music by Box Canyon Blue Grass at 8pm. Entry into the fair is free. The rodeo is Friday & Saturday at 7pm.
- The Jefferson County Democrats will meet today at 6pm at the Madras United Methodist Church, meeting room 8. All are welcome to attend.
The next Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event is on August 1st. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras August 1st from 5-9pm. To learn more visit http://downtownparkandplay.com/.
The Heart Healthy Heroes Club – a series of classes to help you improve your heart health while saving money through prevention – will be held in Warm Springs on August 13, 20 & 27 from 11am to noon at the clinic. It is free to anyone with heart disease or other chronic heart conditions and family members who would like to learn more. Register online atwww.stcharleshealthcare.org.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.
The city of Culver is seeking vendors for the Culver Crawdad Festival being held August 17. Call 541-546-6494 for more information.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences in August – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is a community gathering planned for all participants on August 25th. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due August 16th. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.