Community Calendar for Wednesday July 31, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. The boil water order will remain in effect.
- There will be rolling water outages this week as work continues to prepare for replacement of the Pressure Relief Valve Stations.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals in Madras are at Bridges in the Westside School – breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at 12:00; and at the Warm Springs Youth Center where breakfast is served 8:45-9:15 and lunch is available 12-12:30.
- Warm Springs Telecom have a Maintenance Window today (Wed) from 10am – 4pm that may cause intermittent outages for customers. This is an ongoing effort to do tower upgrades and equipment maintenance.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: chicken quesadillas and fruit smoothies.
- Mom, Dad & Baby Group is Wednesday from 2-3pm at the Family Resource Center. This is for all parents, families & caregivers who take care of a baby or young child. They offer a snack, an activity, a craft and breastfeeding support. To learn more contact MCH Nurse Allie Anderson at 541-553-2460.
- Boarding School Applications are due today for all students planning to attend Chemaway, Riverside, Sherman and Flandreau Indian Schools. Return them to the Higher Education office on the top floor of the Old Boys Dorm.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Downtown Park & Play event is tomorrow from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. Everyone is invited to enjoy a warm summer evening of food, music and vendors. Anyone interested in setting up as a vendor can visit downtownparkandplay.com.
- The Art Adventure Gallery’s All-Jefferson County Exhibit will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County. The opening reception is tomorrow from 5:30-7PM.
- Tananawit’s next movie night fundraiser is tomorrow in the Community Center Social Hall at 7pm. They are showing the movie Mulan. Admission is by donation – they will accept cash donations or recyclable cans donations.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. The next intake clinic will be on Friday from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office. Walk-ins are welcome.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up Friday from 10am to 3pm on campus in front of the Community Action Team office. New vendors and anyone fundraising is invited to set up. KWSO will be there with gear for sale and we will also be selling food. Looking forward to seeing you at the outdoor market this Friday 10am until 3pm!
A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs on the third Wednesday of every month at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
The Warm Springs Library is having a summer reading program for youth 18 and younger. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.