Community Calendar for Friday August 2, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. The boil water order will remain in effect.
- There will be rolling water outages this week as work continues to prepare for replacement of the Pressure Relief Valve Stations.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals in Madras are at Bridges in the Westside School – breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at 12:00; and at the Warm Springs Youth Center where breakfast is served 8:45-9:15 and lunch is available 12-12:30.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. They are having a walk-in intake clinic today from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: chicken salad sandwich.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up toady from 10am to 3pm on campus in front of the Community Action Team office. New vendors and anyone fundraising is invited to set up. KWSO will be there with gear for sale and we will also be selling food. Looking forward to seeing you at the outdoor market this Friday 10am until 3pm!
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
Central Oregon Community College’s Redmond campus is hosting an information session on its Allied Health programs from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Monday, August 5, in Building 3, Room 306. The health programs covered will include dental assistant, massage therapy, medical assistant, pharmacy technician and veterinary technician. It is not necessary to be enrolled at COCC to attend this session. Reservations are not required.
The Fish & Wildlife Committee is hosting a public meeting on the 2019 off-reservation hunting regulations on Thursday, August 8th at 5:30pm at the Agency Longhouse. All hunters should attend.
The Head Start graduation will take place on August 9th at 9am at the agency longhouse.
Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at www.macrecdistrict.com.
Families of incoming kindergarten students at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy need to be sure their student is enrolled for the coming school year. Registration packets are available at the School District office, 445 SE Buff Street in Madras. They need to be turned in by August 8th. Summer school for the kinders at the K8 will start August 12th. If you have questions call Heilan at 541-475-6192.