- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: blackberry bacon, grilled cheese sandwich and fresh fruit.
- There are two fitness classes at 12:10 today in Warm Springs – Functional Fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo at the Health & Wellness Center, pod A.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is today from 10am to 3pm at the Community Action Team on campus. KWSO will be hosting our Membership BBQ from 11am – 2pm. On the menu is chicken kabobs with Veggies, Pasta Salad and a beverage. You can support Warm Springs Community Radio by becoming a “member.” Sign up online at kwso dot org and you can eat for free today! KWSO Merchandise and food plates will also be for sale. We look forward to seeing you!!
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- “In A Landscape,” a Hunter Noack concert will take place next Thursday here in Warm Springs on the P-600, Trout Lake Road. If you would like to be a vendor at the event – contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team Office. To register for free admission – Warm Springs Tribal members should contact Dustin Seyler at the Warm Springs CAT office.
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is tomorrow from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- The 2109 Public Safety and Community BBQ is tomorrow from noon to 3pm at the campus. Everyone is welcome to for free food & drinks, raffles, music and games.
The Warm Springs Baptist Church will have a gathering to celebrate its 49th anniversary this Sunday starting at 10:30am. Speakers include Allen Elston and missionary Jerry Lance.
Monday is the Labor Day Holiday – all Warm Springs Tribal Offices and the Indian Health Services Clinic will be closed. Drive carefully – with additional holiday weekend traffic on Central Oregon roads.
Tuesday is the first day of school for 509J including 1st thru 8th grade students at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Kindergarten students should have information about parent conferences and small groups. You can contact the school office if you have questions at 553-1128.
Warm Springs Head Start is now accepting Applications for 3 & 4 year olds for the new school year. Learn more by stopping by Warm Springs Early Childhood Education or call 541-553-3242.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis and her medical expenses next weekend at the Warm Springs Community Center. Age divisions are 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 grades. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.
The Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project is underway. Sunnyside Drive is closed from Tmsh Street to Upper Dry Creek Road. Contact Ben Bisland 541-553-3207 if you have questions.
An Eight Healthy Habits class will begin on Friday, September 20th at 12:05pm in the clinic atrium. Classes will continue each Friday until November 8th. The class will consist of an eight healthy habits video course. A side salad will be provided every week.
The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference is September 19-21 at HeHe Longhouse. All are welcome to attend at no cost. There will be speakers, support groups, camping, music, Wellbreity, sweathouse, a powwow and they will join in the Hands Across the Deschutes Bridge event on Saturday morning. For more information contact Sarah Frank at 541-553-3205 or email her at email@example.com.
The Annual MAC Dash is coming up September 14th at the Madras Aquatic Center. The deadline to register is September 8th. All proceeds from the event go to In-water programs for the MAC. There is also a Middle MAC Dash for kids 11-14 and a mini-MAC Dash for children 10 and under – both kids events are free but registration is still required. Visit MAC Rec District dot com to sign up. https://www.macrecdistrict.com/mac-dash/