Community Calendar for Wednesday August 14, 2019
- There is Community Acupuncture this morning in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am for a free session.
- The 9 Tribes of Oregon Prevention Camp is happening in Warm Springs this week. They invite the community to a dinner and powwow at the agency longhouse today. Dinner is at 5pm, the powwow at 6. They will serve baked salmon, barbecued pig and more. It is an alcohol, tobacco and other drug free event.
- The Summer Meal Program will be available today through Friday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- Warm Springs Telecom have a Maintenance Window today (Wed) from 10am – 4pm that may cause intermittent outages for customers. This is an ongoing effort to do tower upgrades and equipment maintenance.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal.
- Today’s Warm Springs Fitness activities: Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the Community Center Aerobics Room and Pi-Yo class, also at 12:10, in pod A at the clinic. There is Fusion Fitness class tomorrow morning at 6 at the Community Center.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. The next walk-in intake clinic is tomorrow from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office.
- The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs is tomorrow from 3-7pm. There will be family fun activities plus a talent show hosted by Blue Flamez, jumping houses, rock climbing, music and new this year – an outdoor market and food vendors.
- There will be a free athletic physicals clinic tomorrow from 5-7pm at the Madras United Methodist Church.
- Tribal youth, ages 14-18, can apply until Friday to participate in two outdoor experiences – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes River Rafting Course August 26-30. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due Friday. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up Friday from 10am to 3pm on campus in front of the Community Action Team office. New vendors and anyone fundraising is invited to set up. KWSO will be there with gear for sale and we will also be selling food. Looking forward to seeing you at the outdoor market this Friday 10am until 3pm! This summer’s Outdoor Markets are on Fridays on Tribal Paydays.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will hold its 11th Annual Screen on the Green outdoor movie event this Friday at Sahalee Park in Madras. Folks are invited to come out to the Spray Park before the event – the movie starts at 8:30. Bring your own snacks, chairs, or blankets. They will show the movie How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.