Community Calendar for Wednesday August 7, 2019
- Construction is taking place this week to repair Pressure Reducing Valves in the Agency Water Distribution System. Work is scheduled all week with water shut off occurring for at least 12 hours each day starting at 5am. This will mean low pressure and possible outages for areas being worked on. Wednesday’s work will affect Upper Dry Creek, the Industrial Park, Mecca Flat Road, Homes along highway 26 and possibly Campus. Thursday’s work will impact West Hills and Greeley Heights. The boil water notice remains in effect.
- Registration for Summer School at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy is available now for all incoming Kindergarten students and selected 1st through 8th grade students who received a letter in the mail. Summer School Registration forms are available at the School District Office on Buff Street in Madras, here at KWSO and at Warm Springs Culture & Heritage department. If you have questions call 541-475-6192. The registration deadline is this Thursday. Summer school starts next Monday
- Families of new Kindergarten students need to make sure you complete an Enrollment Packets to register for school at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. You can call 541-475-6192 or stop by the Jefferson County 509J School District office in Madras on Buff Street. We also have Kindergarten Enrollment Packets available at KWSO in case you can’t make it to town. The Kindergarten teachers would like to get everyone registered by this Thursday.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals at the Warm Springs Youth Center are at 8:45 for breakfast and noon for lunch.
- A Volleyball Fundamentals camp is being held this week at the Warm Springs Youth Center today and tomorrow 5:30-7pm. This is for Middle School thru High School age youth.
- Warm Springs Telecom have a Maintenance Window today (Wed) from 10am – 4pm that may cause intermittent outages for customers. This is an ongoing effort to do tower upgrades and equipment maintenance.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: Cuban sandwich, vegetable chips and fruit smoothie.
- Today’s Warm Springs Fitness activities: Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the Community Center Aerobics Room and Pi-Yo class, also at 12:10, in pod A at the clinic. There is Fusion Fitness class tomorrow morning at 6 at the Community Center. Personal Training sessions are available at the Community Center – call 541-553-3589 to learn more.
- There is a bingo and a Mexican food fundraiser this evening from 6-9pm at Warm Springs Fire Management. All proceeds go to the 2019 Wildland Firefighter Memorial.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Fish & Wildlife Committee is hosting a public meeting on the 2019 hunting regulations tomorrow at 5:30pm at the Agency Longhouse. All hunters should attend.
- The Head Start graduation will take place this Friday at 9am at the agency longhouse.
Indianpreneurship classes are coming up August 17 & 24 at the Community Action Team office. This program teaches the basics you need to know to start your own business. They will cover all 12 lessons over the two Saturdays from 9am to 4:30pm. Call 541-553-3148 to sign up.
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis September 7th and 8th at the Warm Springs Community Center. Age divisions are 3rd/4th, 5th/6th and 7th/8th grades. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.