• Senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be roast beef rolls with bread and a caprese pasta salad.
• There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
• The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the 2018 version of William Shakespeare’s a “Midsummer Night’s Dream” Friday evening at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex in Madras. Films are free and refreshments are available.
• There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis and her medical expenses. It is tomorrow and Sunday at the Warm Springs Community Center. Age divisions are 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 grades. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney.
• The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is tomorrow from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
• The City of Metolius will have its annual Spike and Rail Day at the City Park tomorrow. It will start with a parade at 11am. Kids games are at noon. There will be live music – the Patty Davis Band from noon to 4 and Fun Bobby Band from 5-9. There is also a live auction at 5:00. There will be free hot dog lunch for all children 12 and under. The Depot will have a running model train set on display and other historical pieces.
3 Warriors Market in Simnasho has moved to their fall and winter hours. Monday thru Thursday the are open 7am – 7pm. Friday’s hours are 7am – 6pm. On the weekend – 3 Warriors is open 8am – 6pm.
The Madras High School Girls Basketball Team is selling apples for a fundraiser. You can pre-order apples for pick up on September 13th. The Oregon grown apples are $25/box. Order from coach Say or coach David. Apples can be canned, used for baking or frozen.
The Annual MAC Dash is coming up September 14th at the Madras Aquatic Center. The deadline to register is September 8th. All proceeds from the event go to In-water programs for the MAC. There is also a Middle MAC Dash for kids 11-14 and a mini-MAC Dash for children 10 and under – both kids events are free but registration is still required. Visit MAC Rec District dot com to sign up. https://www.macrecdistrict.com/mac-dash/
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.