- Today is September 21st – There are 193 days until Census 2020. Every 10 years – census results are used to provide data for many federally funded services and that’s why everyone in Warm Springs should participate.
- The Warm Springs Recreation Department is hosting their Fall Yard Sale today from 9am – 4pm on the front lawn of the Community Center.
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center – Alcoholics Anonymous meets this morning at 10am.
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- Also today at the park – OSU extension is hosting a Benny the Beaver Bash and 5 K Color Run. The run begins at 10am. There is a carrot cake community bake off and a free baked potato lunch starting at 11am. The event kicks off the new 4-H year.
- A memorial for Melvin Greeley will be held today at the Simnasho Longhouse starting at 10am. There will be an Indian Name Giving as well. Drummers are requested.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
10/5 Madras Football and Girls Basketball will benefit from a 4 person golf scramble tournament on October 12th at Desert Peaks in Madras. Please sign up by October 5th by talking with Coach Taylor, Coach Say or Coach David.
The 9th annual Warm Springs Tribal Celebration is tomorrow at Mt Hood Ski Bowl starting at 11am and going until 6pm. There will be a powwow and salmon bake. Everyone is welcome to learn more about traditional use of the Mt Hood Area by members of the Warm Springs, Wasco & Paiute Tribes.
Warm Springs Geo Visions is hosting an open house on October 18th to share with Tribal Members and the General Public about the work they do which includes the Cultural Resources Division which is dedicated to the protection and preservation of Cultural Resources. Geo Visions mission is to serve the archaeological and historical preservation needs of the Pacific Northwest. The open house will include interactive demonstrations from Flint Napping to talks with Native Elders. The open house is October 18th at the Geo Visions office in the Industrial Park from 10am – 2pm. Please RSVP so they can be sure to have enough food. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 386-209-0472.
There is a retirement dinner for Stanley “Bear Tracks” Simtustus Friday September 27th at noon at the Simnasho Longhouse. Everyone is welcome.
A thunderstorm event on August 10th this year caused flash flooding that may have washed out livestock fence. Producers suffering severe fence damage due to this storm event may be eligible for assistance under the USDA Emergency Conservation Program. To request assistance contact the Central Oregon FSA office at 541-923-4358. Sign up is October 1st thru October 30th.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team is hosting a training on Public Contracting for interested business owners on Friday October 4th. They will over Registering as a Business, Business Plan, Capability Statement & Lending. You can register online at (https://events.egov.com/eventreg/OR/registrant.htm?action=new&_event=businessresourcenetworkeventwarmsprings)