• Warm Springs Behavioral Health is having its “Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This class is open to clients enrolled in Behavioral Health, Best Care or Tuning Points. If you are not currently enrolled in a program, contact Sarah Frank. Classes are Tuesdays and Thursday. Today’s Class will cover Nutrition.
• Tribal Council is in session today and on their agenda this morning is Indian Head Casino and the Travel Plaza, Warm Springs housing Authority, Warm Springs Credit. This afternoon are Board Appointments and Call Backs on budget presentations.
• Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall.
• Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Beef and Broccoli with Stir Fry Wild Rice. . Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
• A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs today with the Veteran’s Service Officer available to answer questions during and after the senior meal.
• Today at the Behavioral Health Center – Alcoholics Anonymous is at Noon as is Relapse Prevention. Men’s group is 1 to 2:30 this afternoon. VOC Rehab will hold an orientation today at 3 at the Behavioral Health Center. AND Adult Alcohol & Drug Education is today 3:30-4:30.
• The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
• Snack Attack is Tuesdays & Thursdays at the Community Center Social Hall from 3:30-5.
• Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
• There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
The 7th annual Jim Pepper Native Arts Festival is Saturday September 28th at Parkrose High School in Portland. To learn more about the event and get vendor information – go online to Jim Pepper Fest dot net. The event brings together Native Music, Arts, Dance, Food and Community. This year’s Jim Pepperfest 2019 theme is “Recovering the Sacred.”
• The Madras White Buffalo Football Team invites folks to Abby’s Pizza in Madras tomorrow. A portion of all sales will support the high school football program.
• A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs tomorrow at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources.
The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference is this Thursday thru Saturday at HeHe Longhouse. All are welcome to attend at no cost. There will be speakers, support groups, camping, music, Wellbreity, sweathouse… a powwow will be held Friday night. The Hands Across the Deschutes Bridge event for Saturday will not take place. To learn more contact Sarah Frank at 541-553-3205.
Volunteers are now being recruited for the Warm Springs Tribes 2020 Point in Time Survey. The survey is an annual effort to identify the number of people in our community that do not have a stable, safe and secure place to live – including those temporarily living with family or friends. Doing the annual count helps with planning and brining resources to address housing needs. There will be a Volunteer Information Session on October 1st at 5:30pm the Tribal Social Services Building in the Industrial Park. Contact Buffy Hurtado to learn more at 541-615-0141.
The Museum at Warm Springs is accepting artwork for the 2019 Tribal member Art Exhibit. Artwork is being accepted through Friday October 4th. The Exhibit will open on October 24th. Contact Natalie at the Museum if you have any questions.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee for Warm Springs Families is now accepting Applications for the fall activity allowance. This can be for activities such as Rodeo, Dance, Sports, Camps, etc. You can pick up an application at the Higher Education Office upstairs at the Education Building or online packets can be downloaded at www.kwso.org. The deadline to apply is Monday September 30th.