- The Boil Water Order for the Warm Springs Agency Water System has been lifted.
- Warm Springs ECE will open for all children regular hours today.
- There is no school today in the Jefferson County 509J school district.
- Prevention Services is offering classes today at the Youth Center in Warm Springs. There will be classes for 3rd thru 5th grade students. And a track for 6th grade thru high school students. These classes will run 8:15am until 5pm. Students who participate in the classes for their grade level – will be eligible to go on a field trip later this month to visit the University of Oregon for a tour and to attend a basketball game.
- Warm Springs Community Center Hours are 8am- 5pm today.
- The Boys & Girls Club is open today 8am – 5pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy.
- A senior citizen fitness class is today at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can enjoy a meal. Functional Fitness Class is in the Community Center Social Hall at lunch time today.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- There is a temporary warming shelter open 7pm – 7am at the old Warm Springs Elementary through the weekend due to anticipated below freezing temperatures. Enter on the Old Boys Dorm side of the old school. Capacity is limited.
Attention Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Employees and Enterprise Employees, the Annual Health Benefits meetings will be held next Tuesday and Wednesday at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am – 4pm.
The Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center will hold a Lunch and Learn activity which will cover high blood pressure care and prevention next Thursday, Nov 7th at 12pm at IHS. The topics will include, the signs symptoms and causes of high blood pressure, how to work with your physician to get a proper diagnosis, the benefits of self-monitoring and Treatment Options. Lunch will be provided.
The MHS Music Department is holding a concert in honor of our veterans on Thursday November 7th in the Madras Performing Arts Center at 7pm. WE ARE ONE: Features the MHS Symphonic Band and MHS Chamber Choir. All are welcome, there will be reserved seating for veterans. A $10 donation is suggested at the door or a donation of 3 canned food items
Items are now being collected for the 2020 Warm Springs Point in Time Homeless Survey. You can provide for those in need who are currently experiencing homelessness by contributing useful items that can be dropped with Martha at the Commodities Building or Buffy at the Family Resource Center. https://kwso.org/2019/10/help-the-homeless/
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs proposed 2020 Tribal Budget is now posted at the Tribal Administration Building, Warm Springs Market, Indian Health Services, Agency Longhouse, Three Warriors Market, Sidwalter Fire Hall, Simnasho Longhouse, Seekseequa Fire Hall and online at the Tribal Member Portal. To view the budget information online in the Tribal Member Portal go to “Finance” then “Annual Budget”.
The next Warm Springs Community Action Team Indianpreneurship Class will be held this and next Saturday all day. If you are interested in starting or growing a small business – this class is for you. Contact the Community Action Team to sign up.
Rez Fest is tomorrow at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors open at 5 and the show starts at 5:30. This is an Alcohol & Drug Free Event. Performances by Warm Springs own Damage Overdose plus ethnic de generation from Kayenta, Justin Sayne N8v from Takilma Oregon, Nuckchorris from Portland – and Eagle Thunder who will start the show with a Metal Grand Entry. Folks are invited to dance. There is a fee for admission. All ages are welcome.
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.