Funeral Arrangements for Truman Merrifield
- 2pm Dressing at the Simnasho Longhouse Tuesday (10/8/19), 8pm Overnight Services (Washut Only)
- Last Meal at 6am Wednesday morning (10/9/19), Burial at 8am at the Simnasho Cemetery
- A reminder to those enrolled in the Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only – class is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This week’s topic is: Chemical Dependency Affects the Whole Family.
- Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Lukamean. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center. Before during and after Senior Lunch – Community Health will be offering flu shots from 10am – 1pm. All seniors and anyone who lives with or spends times with Senior Citizens are encouraged to be vaccinated.
- At the Behavioral Health Center today: Alcoholics Anonymous from noon to 1pm, Relapse Prevention from noon to 1pm, Men’s Group from 1pm-2:30pm, and Adult Alcohol & Drug Education from 3:30pm-4:30pm
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- In Warm Springs K8 Sports, Volleyball will be hosting 3 Rivers @ 4pm and Football is home hosting Sisters @ 4:30pm.
This Wednesday is Open House at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy from 5:30-7:30. Dinner is 5:30 to 6 and Teachers will be Available from 6 to 7:30. There will also be opportunity to get your Flu Shot. You can update your student and family contact information and sign up for “Pick Up Patrol” that is an app that makes it easy to inform the school of any change to the end of school routine for your student. There will also be community partners on hand with information for families.
There is no school this Friday and so Warm Springs Recreation is taking kids on a field trip to Boring to get pumpkins. Kids do need to sign up and will need $7 for the trip. Sign up at the Warm Springs Community Center.
Warm Springs Red Cross is having a meeting for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer on Thursday October 10th at noon at the Family Resource Center. They will also be talking about the upcoming Smoke Detector check and replacement Effort.
KWSO will have a meeting of our Community Advisory Board on Friday October 18th at 10am here at the Warm Springs Media Center. The meeting is open to the public. You can see the agenda and learn more at our website scroll down to Community Advisory Board. https://kwso.org/about-kwso/policycompliance/
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
Today is October 8 – there are 176 days left until the 2020 Census begins. Responses to the 2020 Census are safe, secure & protected by federal law with any personal information kept strictly confidential. April 1st – the 2020 Census begins.