KWSO is interested in feedback from listeners on adding NPR newscasts into the Morning Routine. Please visit our website at KWSO.ORG and click on the survey monkey link to answer 4 questions. It’ll take less than a minute and we appreciate your input.
Environmental Health & the Sanitation Department will be on their holiday schedule route next week
- If your trash is picked up on Monday or Tuesday, it will be picked up on Monday only.
- If your trash is picked up on Wednesday or Thursday, it will be picked up on Tuesday only.
- If your trash is picked up on Thursday or Friday, it will be picked up on Wednesday only.
Sanitation drivers will be off on Thursday and Friday. Please let friends and family know.
- The Warm Springs Community Action team is hosting the final day of their Financial Skills for Families classes between 9 and 4 today at the Agency Longhouse. The class is a requirement for Oregon IDA initiative clients. There is also a chance to participate in the Vital Tribal Economies Survey.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be Butternut Squash Apple Soup. Other Exercise Opportunities today include Functional Fitness Class at noontime at the Community Center Aerobics Room. Pilates Yoga class is at noon at the Health & Wellness Center.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Native Hip Hop Performer Supaman will be at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy today. There will be 2 student assemblies and then a Community Presentation at 4pm.
- The Warm Springs Warming Shelter will be open tonight at 6pm. They expect to operate through next Monday evening when they will re-evaluate the weather forecast.
Today is the last day you can enroll for your supplemental insurance as an employee of the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. You can enroll online at https://wstribes.ease.com Contact Human Resources for your username and password.
If you have the Tribes Group Health Insurance through Health Comp, you are required to fill out an “Other Insurance” Questionnaire. A form should have been emailed to you. Please complete it and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org They need to be turned in by the end of today.
Today is the deadline for Tribal Members to make any address changes for Per Capita payments. Vital Statistics has a form you fill out to make any address changes. Their number is 541-553-3252.
There will be a Columbia Jacket Giveaway Starting on Monday November 25th through Wednesday November 27th at Tribal Social Services. Monday and Tuesday the giveaway starts at 8:30, is closed for lunch and open again at 1pm. On Wednesday they will be open 8:30 until 11:30. For More information you can call Martha at 541-553-3415.
There is no school in the Jefferson County 509 J district next week for the Thanksgiving Week Break. Warm Springs Head Start will also be closed next week for Thanksgiving Break, All other Early Childhood Education programs will be open.
A Name giving ceremony for Lenora Kim Starr and Tyree Lindy Starr will be taking place at the HeHe Longhouse on Saturday November 30th starting at 10am, with a meal to follow. Family and Friends are welcome and Drummers are requested.
The Madras High Girls basketball team is currently holding a fundraiser through December 2nd. They have catalogues to view at the High School, you can order from one of the players OR you can visit their online store at www.fancloth.shop/P8VEV . For more information you can call coach Jerin Say at 541-777-7904.
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at kwso.org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.