- Environmental Health & the Sanitation Department is on their holiday schedule route this week. Usual Monday/Tuesday trash pick up was done yesterday. If your trash is usually picked up on Wednesday or Thursday, it will be picked up TODAY. Tomorrow trash will be picked up that is normally on a Thursday or Friday schedule. Sanitation drivers will be off on Thursday and Friday.
- Tribal Council is in session today, on their agenda is: The 2020 Budgets and HUD 184 code changes discussion this morning and in the afternoon HUD 184 & other programs as well as October financials.
- There will be a Columbia Jacket Giveaway today at Tribal Social Services starting at 8:30. Tomorrow they will be open 8:30 until 11:30. For More information you can call Martha at 541-553-3415.
- OSU Extension and Culture & Heritage are hosting “Make and Take” days today from 10am-2pm. Beading with Myra or cooking lessons with Rosanna are free and open to all youth K-12.
- Fitness Classes today include Functional Fitness during the noon hour in the Community Center Social Hall and Insanity Class in the Aerobics Room. Anyone interested in working with a Personal Trainer call Jennifer Robbins at 541-553-3589.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Brisket and Onions. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Temporary Warming Shelter is open tonight from 6pm-8am. It will be open each night this week. The hours over the weekend are going to be extended from 6pm Friday to 8am Monday Morning as temperatures during the day will be below freezing.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel this evening from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
- Tribal Offices will have early release for employees at noon tomorrow and offices will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The I.H.S. clinic will be closed Thursday but open on Friday. Boys & Girls Club is closed tomorrow thru Friday
A Name giving ceremony for Lenora Kim Starr and Tyree Lindy Starr will be taking place at the HeHe Longhouse this Saturday November 30th starting at 10am, with a meal to follow. Family and Friends are welcome and Drummers are requested.
- The annual Recreation Christmas Tree Lighting and Santa Visit is Wednesday December 4th at 6pm at the Warm Springs Community Center.
- The annual Recreation Christmas Lights Parade is Wednesday December 11th at 6pm
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy Family Craft Night is Thursday December 12th from 5-7pm.
- The Warm Springs Recreation Christmas Bazaar is Saturday December 14th from 10am – 4pm at the Community Center.
- Indian Night Out is Monday December 16th at the Warm Springs Community Center
- Recreation’s Last Minute Christmas Bazaar is at the Community Center on Wednesday December 18th – 10am until 4pm.
The Project Zero challenge starts on Wednesday December 4th. Weigh-ins are at the Community Center from 8-11:30 and 1-4:30 at I.H.S. This fitness challenge is to have you maintain, don’t gain over the holidays. For More Information call Kacey or Jennifer at 541-553-2460.
Tananáwit: A Community of Warm Springs Artists is now recruiting new members. The fee for basic membership is $25. To learn more – contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148 or email email@example.com
The Warm Springs I.H.S. Clinic “same day appointment” phone number is 541-553-2610. Again – for a same day appointment at Warm Springs I.H.S. call 541-553-2610.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.