- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be Seafood Chowder.
- KWSO’s monthly Talk Show “Community Talk” is back today at Noon. Featuring Dr. Shilo Tippett – this week’s guest is Psychologist Daniel Kriz from the Pedal Clinic in Bend. They will talk about Child Development Milestones and ways to improve your parenting. We will take calls and texts from listeners on Pediatric questions or concerns. Tune in to 91.9 FM or online at KWSO dot ORG to hear LIVE Community Talk – tomorrow at Noon on KWSO.
- Warm Springs Exercise classes today… at 12:10 its Functional Fitness in the Community Center Aerobics room and Pilates Yoga Class in Pod A at the Health and Wellness Center. Functional Fitness focuses on functional movement, cardio, weights, core and more. Piyo class is a combination of pilates and yoga, with a focus on strength and balance.
- The Madras Elementary is holding their Winter Concert at the Madras Performing Arts Center today starting at 1pm.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- White Buffalo Boys basketball is hosting their annual tournament today and tomorrow. They play The Dalles at 7 this evening and depending on the outcome of that game – will play at either 3 or 5 tomorrow. KWSO will broadcast both Madras Games live here on 91.9 FM and online at KWSO dot org.
Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- It’s the Warm Springs Recreation Christmas Bazaar tomorrow from 10am – 4pm. Everyone is encouraged to attend to see what the vendors have to offer. Santa will make a special visit to the social hall from Noon until 2pm. KWSO will be there – so make sure you stop by our booth. We look forward to seeing everyone!
- Madras Wrestlers are at the Culver tournament starting at 10:00 am tomorrow. White Buffalo Swimmers are at the Raven Classic in Redmond. Boys basketball will continue in one of the two games scheduled at their tournament – KWSO will bring you all the action live here on 91.9 FM.
- The Elks Lodge in Madras will be hosting a presentation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas at the Elks Lodge on Sunday at 2pm, followed by a visit with Santa. There will be cookies and Juice and other fun activities. All are welcome!
A Talent contest is going to be taking place on Friday January 3rd at the Youth Center Gym starting at 6pm. The talent contest will be put in to several Age Groups from Kindergarten and under all the way up to Adults with prizes. You are invited to have a meal before the contest at 5:30pm. For more information call Prevention at 541-615-0036.
The HAPPI Holiday Giving project is accepting donations of unwrapped gift items for children until next Monday. You can drop items off at the Warm Springs Library or here at KWSO.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
To sign up for the Warm Springs Tribes Emergency Text service – – email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be placed on the notification list. You will need to include your Cell phone number, carrier and/or your email address. The service is supported by MOST carriers.
- Indian Night Out is Monday December 16th at the Warm Springs Community Center
- Recreation’s Last Minute Christmas Bazaar is at the Community Center on Wednesday December 18th – 10am until 4pm.