- There is going to be a Timber Committee Meeting held today and it will be the last scheduled meeting for this year. This is a public notice if any community members have permits they need renewed, reissued, or any concerns they would like to present to the Timber committee. The meeting is held at the Forestry building conference room from 9am-noon. If you have any questions call 541-553-3257.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Roast Beef & Mashed Potatoes. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
- Warm Springs Exercise Classes today: At 12:10 it’s Insanity class at the Community Center Aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall. Insanity class is a body weight boot camp style workout including cardio and strength. Functional Fitness focuses on functional movement, cardio, weights, core and more.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Boys Basketball is at Jefferson County Middle School, games starting at 3:45pm.
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy is hosting their Family Craft Night tonight from 5-7. Stop by the KWSO booth to do some coloring and say hi!
- The Madras Elementary is holding their Winter Concert at the Madras Performing Arts Center tomorrow starting at 1pm.
- Warm Springs Recreation is holding their Annual Christmas Bazaar today starting at 10am! Everyone is welcome to attend. Find beautifully hand crafted gifts, delicious baked goods, fry bread, Visit with Santa and more at the Warm Springs Community Center. Vendors can set up starting at 8am. KWSO will be set up selling KWSO merchandise. You can sign up for a sustaining membership – and we look forward to seeing everyone!
- Madras Wrestlers are at the Culver tournament starting at 10:00 am. White Buffalo Swimmers are at the Raven Classic in Redmond. Boys basketball will play in one of the two games scheduled at their tournament – KWSO will bring you all the action live here on 91.9 FM.
The Project Zero challenge encourages you to maintain and not gain weight over the holidays. Today’s tip is to aim for thirty minutes of exercise per day
Wednesday December 18th is December Trivia Night at Wild Winds Station starting at 7pm. There is a $5 entry fee per person. Wear a holiday sweater and add points to your team’s total. All Proceeds benefit Jefferson County Relay for Life in July of 2020.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. You can earn extra income while helping your community – learn about census jobs online at https://2020census.gov/en/jobs
You can make an appointment for the Warm Springs I.H.S. Podiatry Clinic by calling 541-553-2610. If you need to be seen right away you can also opt for a Podiatry Nurse Assessment by coming in to the I.H.S. clinic before 3pm
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at KWSO.org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.