· Tribal Council is in Session today, on the Agenda: Human Services Branch Update, Natural Resources Branch Update, Presentation of Relief Check, Public Safety Branch Update, Public Utilities Branch update, Education Branch Update, Meet & Greet ICF-Kahneeta.
· The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Ham w/red beans. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
· There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
· Warm Springs Exercise Classes today: At 12:10 it’s Insanity class at the Community Center Aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall. Insanity class is a body weight boot camp style workout including cardio and strength. Functional Fitness focuses on functional movement, cardio, weights, core and more.
· The Warm Springs K-8 Boys Basketball is hosting Elton Gregory today, games starting at 3:45pm.
· The Jefferson County Arts Association will be holding its annual meeting for members today at 5pm. There will be elections for the board of directors and all members are invited to come and vote at the Art Adventure Gallery at 185 SE 5th St in Madras. There will be an opening reception from 5:30-7pm.
The Project Zero challenge encourages you to maintain and not gain weight over the holidays. Today’s tip is to be a health instigator! Take something healthy to holiday gatherings
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. You can earn extra income while helping your community – learn about census jobs online at 2020 census
The Madras High Girls basketball team has extended their fundraiser through December 8th. They have catalogues to view at the High School, you can order from one of the players OR you can visit their online store at www.fancloth.shop/P8VEV . For more information you can call coach Jerin Say at 541-777-7904.
There is going to be a Timber Committee Meeting held on Thursday December 12th and it will be the last scheduled meeting for this year. This is a public notice if any community members have permits they need renewed, reissued, or any concerns they would like to present to the Timber committee. The meeting is held at the Forestry building conference room from 9am-noon. If you have any questions call 541-553-3257.
Family Craft Night is taking place at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Thursday December 12th from 5-7pm.
The HAPPI Holiday Giving project is accepting applications for Youth 18 and younger. You can pick up applications at the Warm Spring Library in the Family Resource Center – which is where you turn the applications in too. You can also pick up an application at the Warm Springs K-8 office and at the GROW program next to CPS. Applications are due this Friday. Also – donations of unwrapped gift items for children are being accepted until December 16th.
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at KWSO.org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.
You can make an appointment for the Warm Springs I.H.S. Podiatry Clinic by calling 541-553-2610. If you need to be seen right away you can also opt for a Podiatry Nurse Assessment by coming in to the I.H.S. clinic before 3pm
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
To sign up for the Warm Springs Tribes Emergency Text service – – email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be placed on the notification list. You will need to include your Cell phone number, carrier and/or your email address. The service is supported by MOST carriers.