Community Calendar for Sunday January 27, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Behavioral Health Center staff will be out for training tomorrow through Wednesday. All groups are cancelled.
- The Education Committee will meet tomorrow from 5-7pm in the Emergency Preparedness Building.
- The Madras Downtown Association is hosting a community planning meeting to finalize activities for 2019. Anyone with ideas for the downtown events is welcome. They will meet tomorrow at 6:30 at the Madras Mission Church on 5th
- Warm Springs K8 Girls Basketball have home games vs Obsidian Tuesday starting at 3:30.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Tuesday when the girls host Estacada. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the TuneIn Radio app.
Candidates running in the 2019 Tribal Council Election can submit their candidate statements, with a picture to the Spilyay Tymoo. A Candidates’ Edition will be published soon. Please bring by the Media Center or email it to email@example.com. Also, if you have not done so, please schedule an interview with KWSO. If you need another copy of the questions, let us know.
Cascades East Transit continues to seek input on public transportation in Central Oregon. Their online survey is open until February 3rd at www.CETTransitPlan.com
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter is located at the Madras Free Methodist Church from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
The Warm Springs Washanaksha Cultural Coalition is seeking grant applications for 2019. Packets can be downloaded at KWSO.org. Applications close on February 11 at 5pm. FMI: Tamera Moody at the Museum at Warm Springs.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is taking appointments for free tax preparation and filing. Appointments will be for Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 5 through April 12. Call 541-553-3148 to reserve a time.
Warm Springs Health & Human Services, the Community Action Team and Emergency Preparedness have collected household items and food to assist families affected by the government shutdown. The distribution center is located at the old Warm Springs Elementary School Library. They are open 7:30-5:30 weekdays and on Saturdays 10-2. Donations can be dropped off at the Community Action Team office, Family Resource Center and Emergency preparedness office.