Community Calendar for Saturday January 26, 2019
- Warm Springs Health & Human Services, the Community Action Team and Emergency Preparedness have collected household items and food to assist families affected by the government shutdown. The distribution center is located at the old Warm Springs Elementary School Library. They are open 7:30-5:30 weekdays and on Saturdays 10-2. Donations can be dropped off at the Community Action Team office, Family Resource Center and Emergency preparedness office.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Caldera’s 2019 Open Studios featuring its Artists in Residence and students is today from 12:30-3:30pm. Artist will share their work with the public. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists. There will be two more Open Studios on February 23 and March 23.
- Behavioral Health Center staff will be out for training Monday through Wednesday next week. All groups are cancelled.
- The Education Committee will meet on Monday from 5-7pm in the Emergency Preparedness Building.
- The Madras Downtown Association is hosting a community planning meeting to finalize activities for 2019. Anyone with ideas for the downtown events is welcome. They will meet Monday at 6:30 at the Madras Mission Church on 5th
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that you should apply for FAFSA, the State Need Grant and Oregon Opportunity Grant before March 1st to be eligible for more funding. The Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs is accepting applications for several Board and Commission vacancies. Notices for each can be downloaded from the Tribes’ website https://warmsprings-nsn.gov/. The deadline is February 1.
The referendum on enrollment for Warm Springs Tribal Members from is on March 15th. The referendum question asks Tribal voters to add the 1980 census to the list of baseline census years for determining the Confederated Tribes blood quantum.