Community Calendar for Friday February 8, 2019
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be beef & shrimp stir fry with noodles and fresh fruit.
- Early Head Start Group Socialization time is today from 11am to 1pm in room C3 at ECE.
- There is noon hoops today at the gym. There’s also Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Lincoln’s Powwow starts tonight at Simnasho Longhouse. Grand entries are at 7 tonight, 1pm Saturday and 1:30 on Sunday. KWSO plans to broadcast Saturday’s session so if you can’t make it out to Simnasho – you can hear the pow wow right here on KWSO!.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “RGB,” a documentary about US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for its movie tonight. It will start at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
- The Warm Springs Presbyterian Church on the campus this Sunday will have the Community Food Bank open and offer free medical welfare checkups and community counseling drop ins. It’s from 11:30-1:30.
The Warm Springs Washanaksha Cultural Coalition is accepting grant applications for 2019 until 5pm Monday. Packets can be downloaded HERE. FMI: Tamera Moody at the Museum at Warm Springs.
The Warm Springs Elder’s Council will hold an Agency District Candidate’s Night February 12 at 5:30 at the Museum.
There is a General Council Meeting February 12 to discuss the 1980 Baseline Census Referendum. It will be held at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 6:00 and the meeting at 7.
Jefferson County School District 509J’s annual public meeting to discuss the evaluation of current programs and plans for future educational programs, will be held at 5:30pm on February 13 at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy Cafeteria. This is specifically for Native American parents and guardians to give them the opportunity to offer comments, make recommendations and offer feedback for District programs and outcomes.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter provides a safe cold weather shelter at the Madras Free Methodist Church from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
The Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian 3rd-4th Grade Co-ed and 15 & Under (plus 2 non-Indian) Basketball Tourney is February 22-24. It is open to the first six teams in each division. The entry deadline is February 15. FMI: Austin Greene at the Warm Springs Community Center 541-553-1968 or at home 541-553-1953.