- The stonesetting for Emery Ross Yallup is this morning at 9:00 at Simnasho Cemetery. Memorial services will follow at Simnasho Longhouse. The Lincoln’s Powwow Committee will have memorial releases and open the longhouse floor.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Madras High School Boys freshman basketball is on the road to the Gladstone Frosh Tournament; and it’s the Madras Wrestling Invitational today starting at 9:30
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting on Monday at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
The 26th Annual Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian High School Boys & Girls Basketball Championships are April 5-7 in Warm Springs. They are taking entries up until March 22nd. Contact Tourney Director Austin Greene at the Recreation Office for more info.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that you should apply for FAFSA, the State Need Grant and Oregon Opportunity Grant before March 1st to be eligible for more funding. The Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
The referendum on enrollment for Warm Springs Tribal Members from is on March 15th. The referendum question asks Tribal voters to add the 1980 census to the list of baseline census years for determining the Confederated Tribes blood quantum.
The Jefferson County School District Board of Directors is accepting applications for its budget committee. Applications are available at the District Office in Madras or online at J C S D dot K 12 dot O R dot U S (http://www.jcsd.k12.or.us).
The Warm Springs Washanaksha Cultural Coalition is seeking grant applications for 2019. Packets can be downloaded at KWSO.org. Applications close on February 11 at 5pm. FMI: Tamera Moody at the Museum at Warm Springs.
The Warm Springs Elder’s Council will hold an Agency District Candidate’s Night February 12 at 5:30 at the Museum.
The Warm Springs Tribal Council Election will take place on April 4th. All candidates are invited to submit a written statement and photo to the Spilyay Tymoo for its upcoming Candidate’s Edition. Drop them off at the Media Center or email to David dot McMechan at WS Tribes dot org. Candidates are also asked to take part in interviews for KWSO’s Candidates Programs that will begin airing in March. Contact Brutis Baez or Liz Smith at KWSO to schedule an interview.