- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting tomorrow at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- A Pathways Home Native Home Ownership Course will start up on Tuesday. It will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise for 7 weeks. This course is required for anyone in the IDA Program for home ownership. Anyone interested may attend to learn about financing, purchasing and maintaining a home.
- The Simnasho District meeting to update district members on Kah-nee-ta is on Tuesday at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner will start at 6pm with the meeting at 7pm.
The Central Oregon Farm Fair & Trade Show is this Wednesday and Thursday 9am-4:30 both days at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. It is free and open to the public.
The Meth & Opiate Work Group will host a Tribal Council Candidates forum on Wednesday at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5:30, the forum at 6:30. All candidates for all three districts have been invited. KWSO will broadcast this forum.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that you should apply for FAFSA, the State Need Grant and Oregon Opportunity Grant before March 1st to be eligible for more funding. The Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
The referendum on enrollment for Warm Springs Tribal Members from is on March 15th. The referendum question asks Tribal voters to add the 1980 census to the list of baseline census years for determining the Confederated Tribes blood quantum.
The Jefferson County School District Board of Directors is accepting applications for its budget committee. Applications are available at the District Office in Madras or online at J C S D dot K 12 dot O R dot U S (http://www.jcsd.k12.or.us).