Community Calendar for Monday March 25, 2019
- It’s Spring Break – no school all of this week.
- The Early Childhood Education Center is closed today for In-Service Training.
- Warm Springs Recreation invites youth to the Community Center for spring break activities. There will be lots of things for school age kids to do each day.
- The Warm Springs Youth Wellness Program at the Youth Center gym is open for youth during spring break. There are daily morning walks, group games, sports skill development, basketball and other physical activities plus healthy snacks. This morning from 9-10:30 there’s a Lacrosse Camp.
- Application workshops for the Student Summer Work Program are being held today, tomorrow and Thursday at the Education Building. Attend either the 9am-noon or 1-4pm workshop and bring a Tribal ID or CIB, a school ID or transcript and a social security card. FMI: 541-553-3324.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council Agenda this morning – updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer; the April agenda, travel delegations and minutes review; and draft resolutions. This afternoon there is a state and federal legislative update call, enrollments, February 2019 Financials report and Indian Head Casino.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is Senior Fitness Class today at 10:45am at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat a meal after – today they are having: split ham & pea soup.
- Today’s fitness classes are Functional fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo in the clinic atrium – both start at 12:10.
- There’s a Game Night for youth – 5th grade and older – from 5:30 to 7:30 today at the Family Resource Center. There will be video games, board games and healthy snacks.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- Warm Springs Prevention is sponsoring a Spring Baseball Camp for boys ages six to twelve Tuesday and Wednesday at the Papoose Field. The camp will be conducted by Andy Leonard and Darrell Ceciliani. A morning session for 6-9 year olds will be from 9:30-11:30am and the older kids from 1:30-3:30. Participants need to bring a glove, cleats, helmet, bat and a light jacket.
- Warm Springs tribal youth are invited to the Young At Art Fair at the Museum at Warm Springs this Tuesday thru Thursday from 10am to 3pm each day for youth age 10 and older. There will be weaving, painting, drawing, beading, raw hide and social dance activities. Call Natalie Kirk 541-553-3331, extension 412 to sign kids up.
- This Tuesday & Thursday, Agency District Candidates are hosting more “Talk with the Candidates” opportunities with voters from 9:30-3:30 at the Tribal Administration Building. Everyone is invited to stop by.
- A Family Internet Safety Class with tips about internet monitoring, social media safety, cyber bullying and predatory dangers is tomorrow from 5:30-7pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building. Parents are asked to attend with their kids.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel tomorrow from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- The Warm Springs Area Chamber of Commerce will hold its first annual gathering tomorrow 6-9pm at the Community Center. Everyone is welcome to meet members of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and learn all about the Chamber. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided. FMI: Dustin Seyler 541-553-3148.
- The Community Action Team will have a Building Native Communities Financial Skills for Families class that will cover all six sessions on Wednesday – 8:30 to 4:30. To register call 541-553-3148.
- Papalaxsimisha and OHSU On-Track will have an information night Wednesday from 5:30-7pm in the Family Resource Center conference room.
- Everyone is welcome to the Miss Warm Springs Pageant on Wednesday at 6pm the Agency Longhouse. All former Miss Warm Springs’ are encouraged to attend in regalia and crowns.