Community Calendar for Sunday March 24, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The High Desert Community Theater will have its final presentation of Medium Rare, a comedy, this afternoon at 2:00 at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the door. The play is free but donations are suggested.
Warm Springs Tribal Council Election Day is Thursday April 4th. KWSO will be rebroadcasting recordings of the Community Forums that have taken place.
- Tune in today from 11am – 1:45pm you can hear the Candidate Forum that was hosted by the Warm Springs Meth & Opiate Work Group.
- This afternoon from 4-6 tune in for the Warm Springs Community Action Team forum on Economic Development for Seekseequa and Agency District Candidates.
Candidate interviews and recordings from all the Forums can be listened to online at kwso.org. Click on the yellow Tribal Council Candidate box at the top of our home page.
- It is spring break for 509-J schools. There is no school all week.
- The Early Childhood Education Center will be closed tomorrow for In-Service Training.
- Warm Springs Recreation invites youth to the Community Center for spring break activities. There will be lots of things for school age kids to do each day.
- The Warm Springs Youth Wellness Program at the Youth Center gym will be open for youth during spring break. There will be daily morning walks, group games, sports skill development, basketball and other physical activities plus healthy snacks.
- Application workshops for the Student Summer Work Program will be held during Spring Break. They will be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at the Education Building. Attend either the 9am-noon or 1-4pm workshop and bring a Tribal ID or CIB, a school ID or transcript and a social security card. FMI: 541-553-3324.
- Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County in April. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Applications forms are available for download at artadventuregallery.com. Work can be dropped off during business hours this week. The exhibit will open April 4th.
- Warm Springs Prevention is sponsoring a Spring Baseball Camp for boys ages six to twelve This Tuesday and Wednesday at the Papoose Field. The camp will be conducted by Andy Leonard and Darrell Ceciliani. A morning session for 6-9 year olds will be from 9:30-11:30am and the older kids from 1:30-3:30. Participants need to bring a glove, cleats, helmet, bat and a light jacket.
- Warm Springs tribal youth are invited to the Young At Art Fair at the Museum at Warm Springs during Spring Break. It’s Tuesday thru Thursday from 10am to 3pm each day for youth age 10 and older. There will be weaving, painting, drawing, beading, raw hide and social dance activities. Call Natalie Kirk 541-553-3331, extension 412 to sign kids up.
- This Tuesday & Thursday, Agency District Candidates are hosting more “Talk with the Candidates” opportunities with voters from 9:30-3:30 at the Tribal Administration Building. Everyone is invited to stop by.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel Tuesday from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- The Warm Springs Area Chamber of Commerce will hold its first annual gathering on Tuesday from 6-9pm at the Community Center. Everyone is welcome to meet members of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and learn all about the Chamber. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided. FMI: Dustin Seyler 541-553-3148.
The 8th Annual Hands Around the Courthouse will be held on April 10th at 11am. Everyone is invited to join in the event taking a stand against Sexual Assault. Meet in front of the Tribal Courthouse.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee will cover costs for caps, gowns and tassels for graduates. Pick up J.O.M. Request Forms from Carroll Dick at the Old Boys’ Dorm. J.O.M. Committee is also able to help with an allowance for spring sports – elementary through high school. The deadline to submit a request is April 11th.
The Community Action Team will have a Building Native Communities Financial Skills for Families class that will cover all six sessions on March 27th – 8:30 to 4:30. To register call 541-553-3148.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that the Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
2019 Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball, softball and t-ball – registrations are being taken weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center up until March 29th. Practices begin April 1st. Managers and coaches are still needed. FMI: 541-325-3856.