Community Calendar for Saturday March 23, 2019
- The Warm Springs Tribes’ Plateau Travel Plaza is celebrating their one year anniversary today between 10am and 3pm. Everyone is invited to stop by for fun and prizes.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Caldera’s last 2019 Open Studio featuring its Artists in Residence and students is today from 12:30-3:30pm. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists.
- The High Desert Community Theater will have another presentation of Medium Rare, a comedy, tonight at 7:00 and a matinee on Sunday at 2pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets will be available at the door. The play is free but donations are suggested.
Warm Springs Tribal Council Election Day is Thursday April 4th. KWSO will be rebroadcasting recordings of the Community Forums that have taken place.
- Tune in today from 2-4 to hear the Agency District Candidate Forum.
- This evening at 6:00 it’s the Warm Springs Community Action Team forum on Economic Development for Simnasho District Candidates.
- Sunday from 11am – 1:45pm you can hear the Candidate Forum that was hosted by the Warm Springs Meth & Opiate Work Group.
- Sunday from 4-6 tune in for the Warm Springs Community Action Team forum on Economic Development for Seekseequa and Agency District Candidates.
Candidate interviews and recordings from all the Forums can be listened to on kwso.org. Click on the yellow Tribal Council Candidate box at the top of our home page.
- It is spring break for 509-J schools.
- The Early Childhood Education Center will be closed Monday for In-Service Training.
- Warm Springs Recreation invites youth to the Community Center for spring break activities. There will be lots of things for school age kids to do each day.
- The Warm Springs Youth Wellness Program at the Youth Center gym will be open for youth during spring break. There will be daily morning walks, group games, sports skill development, basketball and other physical activities plus healthy snacks.
- Application workshops for the Student Summer Work Program will be held during Spring Break. They will be Monday, Tuesday & Thursday at the Education Building. Attend either the 9am-noon or 1-4pm workshop and bring a Tribal ID or CIB, a school ID or transcript and a social security card. FMI: 541-553-3324.
- Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County in April. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Applications forms are available for download at artadventuregallery.com. Work can be dropped off during business hours next week. The exhibit will open April 4th.