Community Calendar for Monday April 15, 2019
- Warm Springs CPS Center is seeking donations of DVD’s for kids to watch. They need to be age appropriate – nothing rated-R. Donations can be dropped off at the CPS front office.
- It is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools this morning.
- Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to place their tote at the road. This will help them save time so they can do all the scheduled pick up with the staff and equipment they have available right now. If you have questions – call the landfill at 553-3163.
- The Wellbriety “Celebrating Families” class for parents only Is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor at the Behavioral Health Center in the old Girls Dorm. Today’s topic is: Nutrition & Communication. You do need to be signed up for class to participate. Call Paul or Sarah at 553-3205 to learn more.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after – today they are having buffalo chicken sandwiches, fresh cut veggies and tropical fruit.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center tomorrow. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal tomorrow.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy’s third grade spring concert is tomorrow at 2:30.
- There is a Family Movie showing tomorrow at 4:30 in the Community Center Social Hall.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
This year’s Jefferson County Community Read is “Birding Without Borders” by Noah Stricker. It is a non-fiction book about the author’s travel around the world documenting thousands of species of birds. Art Adventure Gallery will once again feature an exhibit with artwork inspired by the Community Read selection. Artists in all mediums are welcome. Applications are available at the gallery and online at ArtAdventureGallery.com. Artwork is due April 26th.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.