Community Calendar for Sunday April 14, 2019
- There is a Boil Water order in effect for the Warm Springs Agency Area served by the Water Treatment Plant. Use bottled water or boil your tap water for 3 minutes to use for drinking, cooking and doing dishes.
- Country Quilters of Jefferson County are having their 14th Biennial Quilt Show today from 1-3:00 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. All quilters are welcome. Admission is free and donations accepted.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tomorrow is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools.
- Warm Springs ECE will be closed on Monday due to the Water Boil Order.
- The Wellbriety “Celebrating Families” class for parents only Is tomorrow from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor at the Behavioral Health Center in the old Girls Dorm. Today’s topic is: Nutrition & Communication. You do need to be signed up for class to participate. Call Paul or Sarah at 553-3205 to learn more.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center this Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy’s third grade spring concert is Tuesday at 2:30.
- There is a Family Movie showing Tuesday at 4:30 in the Community Center Social Hall.
This year’s Jefferson County Community Read is “Birding Without Borders” by Noah Stricker. It is a non-fiction book about the author’s travel around the world documenting thousands of species of birds. Art Adventure Gallery will once again feature an exhibit with artwork inspired by the Community Read selection. Artists in all mediums are welcome. Applications are available at the gallery and online at artadventuregallery.com. Artwork is due April 26th.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that the Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
There is a Student Summer Work Program for high school students and college students in Warm Springs this year. Applications need to be submitted to the Work Experience Development Department at the Education Building. Native American students ages 14-24, who are enrolled in traditional and alternative high school are eligible – the deadline is May 23rd. College students of any age may apply and they have until June 27th. Contact the WEDD office at 541-553-3324 for details.