Community Calendar for Saturday April 13, 2019
- There is a Boil Water order in effect for the Warm Springs Agency Area served by the Water Treatment Plant. Use bottled water or boil your tap water for 3 minutes to use for drinking, cooking and doing dishes.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Week of the Young Child events are being held today Saturday at Sahalee Park in Madras. There will be a parade at 10am and games, photos, Smokey the Bear, information and resources for young children and their families. There will also be prizes for decorating the bikes, trikes and strollers for the children’s walking parade.
- The Madras High School students headed to Tomi City, Japan this June are having a fundraising car wash today from 10 to 3:00 in the Napa Auto Parts parking lot. There is a suggested donation of $10 per car and $15 per large truck or van. \
- There is a Junior Jackpot Rodeo today starting at noon at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds indoor arena. There’s Bareback Ranch Bronc and Wild Pony Races, Mini Bulls, Steers and junior Bulls and this is a Wild West buckers regional qualifier event.
- The Living Hope Healing of the Nations event continues today at the Warm Springs Community Center. There is a lunch at noon and a ministering to women by Angel Upham. Tonight is a dinner at 6pm followed by Pastor Titus Upham of Browning, Montana at 7.
- Country Quilters of Jefferson County’s 14th Biennial Quilt Show is today from noon to 5 and Sunday from 1-3 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. All quilters are welcome. Admission is free and donations accepted.
- East Cascade Retirement Community is having its annual Easter Egg Hunt today at 1pm. It is open to the public.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets tomorrow morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Warm Springs ECE will be closed on Monday due to the Water Boil Order.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The University of Oregon is taking applications until Monday for its Indigenous Pre-College Academy this summer. The classes and workshops will cover college prep, the admissions process, financial aid, the unique challenges of being a Native scholar and various academic areas. It’s coming up July 21-28 at U of O in Eugene and it is open to students who will be in grades 9-12 in the coming school year. It is free, rooms and meals will be provided. Get all of the details and apply online at https://admissions.uoregon.edu/ipca
There is a Student Summer Work Program for high school students and college students in Warm Springs this year. Applications need to be submitted to the Work Experience Development Department at Education Building. Native American students ages 14-24, who are enrolled in traditional and alternative high school are eligible – the deadline is May 23rd. College students of any age may apply and they have until June 27th. Contact the WEDD office at 541-553-3324 for details.