Community Calendar for Saturday April 6, 2019
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The Jefferson County Historical Society will hold its annual dinner at 6pm this evening at the Senior Center in Madras. The guest speaker is Carol Leon, whose topic will be “Looking at the Museum from the Inside Out.” The cost is $45.
- The 2019 Simnasho Longhouse Root Feast is tomorrow starting at 9am.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Opera Bend will perform “Don Giovanni” tomorrow at 3pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available now at www.OperaBend.org or at the door on Sunday.
- The Kalispel Tribe has challenged Warm Springs to a 10-week physical activity challenge that will run April 8th thru June 16th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to participate. There is no cost, just report your hours to Mike once a week.
There will be a free Community Acupuncture clinic on Wednesday in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
Indian Head Casino is having blackjack dealer classes starting April 10th at its Human Resources office. Classes will be held weekdays from 8am to 4pm for 4 weeks. Classes are necessary for certification needed to be a table games dealer. To sign up call 541-460-7714.
The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will have a walk-in intake clinic on Wednesday, April 10th from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office. Free civil legal service is available to eligible tribal members. Stop by to find out if the program can help with your legal need.
The 8th Annual Hands Around the Courthouse will be held on April 10th at 11am. Everyone is invited to join in the event taking a stand against Sexual Assault. Meet in front of the Tribal Courthouse. A light lunch will be provided.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.