Community Calendar for Sunday April 28, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tomorrow is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools.
- Tribal Council will meet tomorrow. On the morning agenda is an inter-governmental agreement with Jefferson County for building inspections, followed by an update on capital infrastructure and then approval of Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund projects if needed. In the afternoon will be updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer followed by a Warm Springs Community Action Team grant resolution and an update on Kahneeta scheduled for 3:30.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will have a walk-in intake clinic tomorrow from 1:30-3:30pm at the Community Action Team office. Free civil legal service is available to eligible tribal members. Stop by to find out if the program can help with your legal need.
High school and college students who want to work through the Student Summer Work Program in Warm Springs need to submit applications to the Work Experience Development Department at Education Building. Native American students ages 14-24, who are enrolled in traditional and alternative high school are eligible – the deadline is May 23rd. College students of any age may apply and they have until June 27th. Contact the WEDD office at 541-553-3324 for details.
To vote in Oregon you must be 18 or older and a resident. To register online you do need an Oregon Driver’s License or state ID. Paper registration forms are available at your county clerk’s office or at the Warm Springs Planning Department in the Tribal Administration Building, and at KWSO. To vote in the upcoming May 21st election , that includes 2 seats on the 509J School Board – you must be registered by April 30th. You can register to vote online by going to https://kwso.org/
A five-week Financial Skills for Families Course will begin May 1st. Classes will be Wednesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Warm Springs Community Action Building. To register call 541-553-3148 or send them a Facebook message.
A public meeting to learn about the Tribes’ change from recreation cannabis to hemp will take place on Wednesday, May 1st at 6pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building. There will also be information on the change of location and greenhouse size. All are encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be provided.
The first Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is on May 2nd. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras Thursday May 2nd from 5-9pm.
The 2019 Glow Fun 5K Run and 1-mile walk is on Thursday, May 2nd at the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center. Sign-ins start at 7:30 and the races at 8:15. Fruit, water and glow items will be provided.