Community Calendar for Saturday April 27, 2019
- Today is the Warm Springs Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Parade at 10am followed by a meal and honor ceremony at the Community Center. They will also have a silent auction and a mini powwow.
- A memorial for Edward Spino, Jr. and Kamiken Spino will take place this morning. The stone unveiling for Edward will be at 7am at Simnasho Cemetery and for Kamiken at 8:30am at Dry Creek Cemetery. A meal and giveaway will follow at the agency longhouse.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tribal Council will meet on Monday. On the agenda is an inter-governmental agreement with Jefferson County for building inspections, an update on capital infrastructure, and then approval of Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund projects if needed. There will also be updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer, a Warm Springs Community Action Team grant resolution and an update on Kahneeta scheduled for 3:30.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will have a walk-in intake clinic on Monday from 1:30-3:30pm at the Community Action Team office. Free civil legal service is available to eligible tribal members. Stop by to find out if the program can help with your legal need.
Youth ages 16–18 are being recruited to work on the Central Oregon Youth Conservation Corps Crews this summer. They positions to fill in Warm Springs, Madras, Prineville, and several other locations. They are looking for crew members and adult crew leaders. Get details and apply at heartoforegon.org. The deadline is May 1st.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.
Registered voters will get their ballot for the May 21st election around May 1st. This election includes 2 seats on the Jefferson County 509J School Board. To vote in Oregon elections you must be 18 or older and a resident. You can register to vote on the KWSO website. To participate in the May 21st election – you must be registered by April 30th. ((https://kwso.org/)