Community Calendar for Tuesday April 23, 2019
- The Range Committee will meet today 9am to noon at the Tribal Admin Building, conference room 3.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, bread and fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel this evening from 6-7:30 at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Madras-Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce will host a forum tomorrow for candidates running for various boards and positions in Jefferson County in May. It will at the Madras COCC campus starting with a meet and greet at 5:30 and candidate presentations and forum at 6pm.
- The Jefferson County Democrats meeting scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled due to a scheduling conflict with the forum.
The Meth & Opiate Work Group is sponsoring a community education class on Sweathouse and Spirituality on May 9th at the Community Center. There will be a dinner at 5:30 and presentation at 6, plus information booths and door prizes.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that the Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is coming up in next week, on May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.
The first Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is on May 2nd. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras Thursday May 2nd from 5-9pm.