Community Calendar for Friday May 31, 2019
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be turkey eggplant lasagna and green beans.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – Junior Softball is playing in Madras today.
- Today is the deadline for students in grades 6-8 to apply for Tribal Salmon Camp, being hosted by the Nez Perce Tribe at Camp Wittman August 11-17. To apply go to W W W dot C R I T F C dot org.
- Madras High School’s Graduation ceremony is tomorrow morning at 9:00 at the MHS Stadium. The stadium will open at 8am for family seating. Graduating seniors need to report to the MHS commons by 7am.
- COCC’s First Nations Student Union is having its annual salmon bake tomorrow from 10:30am to 3pm at the COCC athletic field on the Bend Campus. It is free and open to all. There will be a salmon lunch, traditional dancing, vendors and a silent auction.
Make a plan for your family so everyone understands how to communicate and connect in the event of a wildfire or other emergency situation. Have a printed out list of contact information for everyone in the family, for schools, relatives and friends. Make sure emergency contact information is current at schools and daycare. And talk about emergency meeting locations – where your family can get together. This is one thing you can do to be prepared for wildfire season.
Warm Springs Power & Water Enterprises has completed a 2018 Annual Report to the Tribal Membership. Copies are available in the lobby at the Tribal Administration Building. If you would like to have the report mailed to you, you can call Warm Springs Power & Water Enterprises at 541-553-1046 to make that request.
The Boys and Girls Club of Warm Springs is doing a Squares raffle with the drawing set for June 14th. Money raised will support club operations. Squares are $10 each and the winner will take half the pot. There are 100 squares in all. You can stop by the club to purchase your square.
The Johnson O’Malley summer activity allowances need to be applied for by June 7th. 509-J and Wasco County students, age 3 up to 12th grade, who are members of a federally recognized tribe are eligible. Parents/guardians need to complete the paperwork with Carroll Dick at the Higher Education office.
The US Census Bureau is hiring census takers for the 2020 Census for Jefferson and Wasco Counties. Hourly wages are start at $14.50 an hour with weekly paydays. This income will not affect a person’s TANF or SNAP benefits or HUD eligibility.Go to 2020census.gov/jobs to apply or call 1-855-JOB-2020 for assistance.