Community Calendar for Monday May 27, 2019
- Today is Memorial Day. There is no school. The tribal organization, BIA and Indian Health Service are closed today.
- Warm Springs ECE is going to be closed on Tuesday due to issues with the kitchen.
- Tribal Council will hear updates tomorrow from Natural Resources, Health& Human Services, Education, Public Safety, Development and Tribal Court.
- The Health & Welfare Committee is conducting a Community Satisfaction Survey tomorrow at the Community Center Social Hall from 5:30-7pm. The information gathered will help guide upcoming efforts.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel tomorrow from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- The Trauma, Healing and Resiliency Conference – a methamphetamine and suicide prevention initiative will be held at the Warm Springs Community Center. This is a change of location. The Conference is Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30-4:30 each day. For more information contact Rosanna Jackson at the Prevention office 541-615-0036.
Wildfires can happen anywhere, anytime. Risk of a wildfire increases with periods of little rain and high winds. Fire season is coming soon – so take steps now to protect your home by cleaning up the space around your home, removing anything that can burn within 5 feet of your house. This is one thing you can do to be prepared for wildfire season.
Warm Springs Power & Water Enterprises has completed a 2018 Annual Report to the Tribal Membership. Copies are available in the lobby at the Tribal Administration Building. If you would like to have the report mailed to you, you can call Warm Springs Power & Water Enterprises at 541-553-1046 to make that request.
A Jefferson County Veterans Expo will be held June 20th from 10am to 2pm at 860 SW Madison Street in Madras. It is a free family-friendly event designed to educate about veterans issues, services and resources. There will also be a free barbecue, haircuts, massages, kid’s events and mindfulness workshops.
The Boys and Girls Club of Warm Springs is doing a Squares raffle with the drawing set for June 14th. Money raised will support club operations. Squares are $10 each and the winner will take half the pot. There are 100 squares in all. You can stop by the club to purchase your square.