Community Calendar for Sunday May 26, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- VFW Post 4217 is inviting families to pick up a flag for their veteran’s gravesite today. They will provide one flag to a family member or will also do the placement if requested. Stop by the VFW hall between 10am and 3pm this Sunday.
- Tomorrow is Memorial Day. The Tribal Organization, BIA and IHS will all be closed and there is no school.
- The Early Childhood Education Center will be closed on Tuesday due to issues in the kitchen.
- The Health & Welfare Committee is conducting a Community Satisfaction Survey on Tuesday at the Community Center Social Hall from 5:30-7pm. The information gathered will help guide upcoming efforts.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel Tuesday from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
When a wildfire threatens your area, the best action to protect yourself and your family is to evacuate early to avoid being trapped. Public Safety will come and tell you if there is an evacuation notice. You can sign up for the Warm Springs alert system and during an emergency – listen to KWSO for more information. To sign up for alerts – use this LINK
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who are applying for the Tribal Scholarship that the Tribal Scholarship deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs is enrolling now for its summer program. Membership forms are available at the Club. The Summer Program will be available weekdays from 8am to 5pm, meals provided through the summer. The member fee is $25. FMI: 541-553-2323. Scholarships are available through Warm Springs Housing – stop by their office to apply.
Canyon Ranch Kids Camp is coming up in June. It’s a Christian Camp for boys and girls ages 8-13. Girls’ camp is June 18-20 and boys camp June 21-23. For more information contact Gladys Grant 541-325-2650.