Community Calendar for Saturday May 25, 2019
- Warm Springs Power & Water Enterprises has completed a 2018 Annual Report to the Tribal Membership. Copies are available in the lobby at the Tribal Administration Building. If you would like to have the report mailed to you, you can call Warm Springs Power & Water Enterprises at 541-553-1046 to make that request.
- Due to a lower than expected spring chinook run size, the Zone 6 Platform and Hook & Line Fishery will temporarily close at 6:00 this evening. The tribes will meet again next week to decide on additional fishing time.
- Everyone is welcome to a Breakfast with Sparky Fundraiser this morning from 9 to noon at Warm Springs Fire & Safety. It’s a pancake breakfast – $5 adults, $3 kids. While there, you can see the fire truck, spray some water and meet the firefighters.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – Minor Softball is at Finley Butte with games at 11am and 3pm.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30.
- VFW Post 4217 is inviting families to pick up a flag for their veteran’s gravesite tomorrow for Memorial Day. They will provide one to a family member or do the placement for them. Stop by the VFW hall between 10am and 3pm this Sunday.
- Monday is Memorial Day – the Tribal Organization, BIA and IHS will all be closed and there is no school.
More events and info:
The Early Childhood Education Center will be closed on Tuesday due to issues in the kitchen.
The Health & Welfare Committee is conducting a Community Satisfaction Survey on Tuesday at the Community Center Social Hall from 5:30-7pm. The information gathered will help guide upcoming efforts.
There is a Victim Impact Panel Tuesday from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
The Trauma, Healing and Resiliency Conference – a methamphetamine and suicide prevention initiative will be held at the Warm Springs Community Center. This is a change of location. The Conference is Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30-4:30 each day. For more information contact Rosanna Jackson at the Prevention office 541-615-0036.
There is a food handler’s class on Thursday from 2-4pm at the clinic atrium.
The 3rd Annual Ich’Inun Summer Jam Powwow Slam, honoring all 2019 graduates, is Thursday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. It’s open to the public. There’s a dinner from 4:30-6. The social powwow is from 6-9pm. All Dancers, Drummers, and Community Members are welcome.