Community Calendar for Monday July 1, 2019
Funeral arrangements: GERALDINE JIM
- Overnight Services were held last night at the Agency Longhouse
- Burial this morning at 9AM at Lower Seekseequa Cemetery
- The water main break to the Warm Springs Agency Water System has been repaired however the Boil Water order remains in effect until further notice. Folks in Warm Springs are also reminded to continue to conserve water.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals are at: Bridges High School at Westside School – breakfast starts at 7:45 and lunch at noon; and at the Warm Springs Youth Center – breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30
- There is Functional Fitness Class today at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium. Personal training is now available – Call Community Wellness at 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243 for details.
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting today at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- The next class in the Being Tobacco Free series in Warm Springs will be on tomorrow at noon in the Family Resource Center. Learn about the benefits of living tobacco-free. Everyone is welcome – lunch is provided.
- Tananawit is hosting an outdoor movie night fundraiser on Wednesday at the Warm Springs Community Action Team building on campus. They are showing the movie Aqua Man at 7:30. Cost is $3, kids 12 and under is $1. They will accept can/bottle donations as payment as well.
This year’s 4th of July Parade in Warm Springs will honor Marines. Parade lineup will begin at 9am in front of the Family Resource Center and Presbyterian Church for participants, judging is at 10:00 and the parade will start at 11. A barbecue and family games will follow at the Community Center.
The Todd Beamer Memorial run will be held this 4th of July in Madras. Registration will start at 6:15 that morning at Sahalee Park. Pre-registration at a discount is being take through Wednesday online at macrecdistrict.com. The events are a 6-mile walk, 5k run, 10k run and 2 mile fun run. The 6-mile walk starts at 7am, the bus for the 5 & 10k runs leaves at 7:30 and the 2-mile fun run is at 9. After the races, there will be food, a parade and celebration in the park. All proceeds go to the Todd Beamer Memorial Scholarship.
The Downtown Park & Play event is on the 4th of July from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. There will be food, music and vendors. Anyone interested in setting up as a vendor can visit downtownparkandplay.com.