Community Calendar for Sunday June 30, 2019
Funeral arrangements: GERALDINE JIM
- Today at 1:00PM leave Autumn Funeral Home in Redmond to Agency Longhouse for 3:00PM Dressing
- OVERNIGHT SERVICES
- Tomorrow morning at 9:00AM – Burial at Lower Seekseequa Cemetery
- The Super Man – Wonder Woman Challenge, honoring the late Eugene “Cougar” & Norene Greene is this morning. It’s an outdoor 3.3 mile rugged terrain foot race plus a 9.3 mile bike ride on pavement. There are adult and youth open divisions. Entry is $20 and cash prizes will be awarded to top finishers in each division. Registration will start at 7am and the race starts at 8am starting at the Forestry parking lot.
- There is a breakfast fundraiser today at 8am at the Full Gospel Church. Breakfast plates include sausage or bacon, hashbrowns, gravy, eggs and coffee or juice. There is also a rummage sale. It’s a fundraiser for the Greene Family Reunion this August.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Pi-Ume-Sha Stick Games continue today. Registration for the kids’ tournament will be open from 10am to noon. There is no entry fee. There’s a a light meal at 11:00. Also at 11, open registration for the bone hog, single elimination games opens – there’s no entry fee. The raffle drawings will be done at noon and the bone hog will start after.
- Today’s Pi-Ume-Sha Powwow grand entry time is 2:00.
- The water main break to the Warm Springs Agency Water System has been repaired however the Boil Water order remains in effect until further notice.
- Water distribution at the old Elementary School Library will continue this weekend – open Saturday 9am – 4pm and Sunday 10am – 3pm. Local residents can refill water containers or receive gallon jugs of drinking water.
- Showers are open daily 6am – 10pm.
- Folks in Warm Springs are also reminded to continue to conserve water.
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting tomorrow at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- The next class in the Being Tobacco Free series in Warm Springs will be on Tuesday 11 at noon in the Family Resource Center. Learn about the benefits of living tobacco-free. Everyone is welcome – lunch is provided.
Tananawit is hosting an outdoor movie night fundraiser on Wednesday at the Warm Springs Community Action Team building on campus. They are showing the movie Aqua Man at 7:30. Cost is $3, kids 12 and under is $1. They will accept can/bottle donations as payment as well.
This year’s 4th of July Parade in Warm Springs will honor Marines. Parade lineup will begin at 9am in front of the Presbyterian Church and Family Resource Center for participants, judging is at 10:00 and the parade will start at 11. A barbecue and family games will follow at the Community Center.
The Todd Beamer Memorial run will be held this 4th of July in Madras. Registration will start at 6:15 that morning at Sahalee Park. Pre-registration at a discount is being take through July 3rd online macrecdistrict.com. The events are a 6-mile walk, 5k run, 10k run and 2 mile fun run. The 6-mile walk starts at 7am, the bus for the 5 & 10k runs leaves at 7:30 and the 2-mile fun run is at 9. After the races, there will be food, a parade and celebration in the park. All proceeds go to the Todd Beamer Memorial Scholarship.
The Downtown Park & Play event is on the 4th of July from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. There will be food, music and vendors. Anyone interested in setting up as a vendor can visit downtownparkandplay.com.
The Heart Healthy Heroes Club – a series of classes to help you improve your heart health while saving money through prevention – will be held in Warm Springs on August 13, 20 & 27 from 11am to noon at the clinic. It is free to anyone with heart disease or other chronic heart conditions and family members who would like to learn more. Register online at www.stcharleshealthcare.org
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.