Community Calendar for Saturday June 15, 2019
- Work will began on Monday on the repairs for the Shitike Creek water main line crossing. It is expected that water will be shut off on Tuesday, starting at 5:00 am for a minimum of 36 hours. Project updates will be provided to the community as the work progresses.
- Public Utilities staff completed work to minimize water outages to the community and it is anticipated that these outages will be contained to the Campus area only, not everything south of Highway 26 as previously projected. Additional updates will be provided should anything change with water outage impacts.
- Please continue to conserve water – no watering the lawn or using excessive water. This will help to help maintain reservoir levels.
- Portable toilets are placed throughout the community and there are showers with hot water set up at the Old Warm Springs Elementary School.
- The boil water order remains in place and will continue until after the broken water main is fixed. That means you should boil water for drinking or cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth & making ice OR else use bottled water.
- Drinking water distribution is taking place at the Old Elementary School Library.
- A Reservation Wide BURN BAN is in effect for Warm Springs. It is critical we all take precautions to keep the community safe. The Burn Ban is for all outside burning including camp fires and fireworks are prohibited as well.
- The Culver City Wide Yard Sales are happening today. A list and map are available at local businesses in Culver.
- There is a car show today at Indian Head Casino from 10am to 3pm. The community is welcome to attend.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – Junior Softball hosts Redmond
- A boys’ regalia making class will be held June 25th at the Family Preservation office from 9am to 5pm. Basic materials will be provided. This is for first time regalia makers – it is free, but space is limited. Call Charlene or Jaycelene 541-615-0036 to sign up.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program will begin on Monday and be available at: Bridges High School at Westside School – breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at noon; at the Warm Springs Youth Center breakfast is 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- The Bustin’ Buffalo Basketball Camp is Monday through Thursday next week at the Madras High School Gym from 9-noon each day. The MHS varsity girls’ and boys’ basketball teams will work with kids going into grades 1 thru 8 on fundamentals. The cost is $50. Registration will be taken on the first day of camp.
- The Land Use Planning Committee is having a Community Meeting on Rights of Way on Tribal Land on Monday from 11am to 3pm at the Credit Enterprise meeting room. Refreshments will be provided.
- There are two Food Handler’s Classes next week – on Monday & Thursday from 2-4pm at the Health & Wellness Center atrium.