Community Calendar for Sunday June 16, 2019
- Work will began on Monday on the repairs for the Shitike Creek water main line crossing. It is expected that water will be shut off on Tuesday, starting at 5:00 am for a minimum of 36 hours. Project updates will be provided to the community as the work progresses.
- Public Utilities staff completed work to minimize water outages to the community and it is anticipated that these outages will be contained to the Campus area only, not everything south of Highway 26 as previously projected. Additional updates will be provided should anything change with water outage impacts.
- Please continue to conserve water – no watering the lawn or using excessive water. This will help to help maintain reservoir levels.
- Portable toilets are placed throughout the community and there are showers with hot water set up at the Old Warm Springs Elementary School.
- The boil water order remains in place and will continue until after the broken water main is fixed. That means you should boil water for drinking or cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth & making ice OR else use bottled water.
- Drinking water distribution is taking place at the Old Elementary School Library.
- A Reservation Wide BURN BAN is in effect for Warm Springs. It is critical we all take precautions to keep the community safe. The Burn Ban is for all outside burning including camp fires and fireworks are prohibited as well.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program will begin tomorrow at the Warm Springs Youth Center. Breakfast is 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- The Bustin’ Buffalo Basketball Camp starts tomorrow and goes through Thursday at the Madras High School Gym from 9-noon each day. The MHS varsity girls’ and boys’ basketball teams will work with kids going into grades 1 thru 8 on fundamentals. The cost is $50. Registration will be taken on the first day of camp.
- The Land Use Planning Committee is having a Community Meeting on Rights of Way on Tribal Land tomorrow from 11am to 3pm at the Credit Enterprise meeting room. Refreshments will be provided.
- There are two Food Handler’s Classes this week – tomorrow and Thursday from 2-4pm at the Health & Wellness Center atrium.
- There is a public meeting Monday at 5:30pm at the Old Elementary School Gym to give an update on the Water System water main break situation and issues.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center on Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- The next Financial Skills for Families classes will take place this Tuesday & Wednesday at 1136 Paiute Street from 9am to 3pm each day. It will cover all six session over the 2 days. This is a required class for the IDA Program. If you can’t attend the class you can ask about an alternative by calling 541-553-3148.
- Indian Head Casino & Plateau Travel Plaza are having a job fair on Tuesday at 1pm at the casino’s Human Resources office.
- The Madras Garden Depot is holding an open garden tour event on Tuesday from 5:30 to 7pm. It’s free. For directions, RSVP to 541-475-2068.
The Pi-Ume-Sha Health Fair is on Wednesday, June 26th from 9am to 1pm in the Community Center gym. There will be lots of health screenings, activities, demonstrations and information – plus healthy snacks and free t-shirts to participants.
The BIA General Assistance office is now only giving out and accepting applications from 9am-11am Monday-Friday. After G.A. applications are returned, an intake appointment must be scheduled. The office is closed during the lunch hour from noon to 1. After 1pm the office is only open for scheduled appointments, and to drop off monthly activity logs.
The 50th Annual Pi-Ume-Sha All-Indian Rodeo will be June 28-30 at the Warm Springs Rodeo Grounds. It will kick off that Friday at 4:00 with a youth rodeo, followed by Slack for Saturday.