Community Calendar for Friday July 5, 2019
- Warm Springs Sanitation will do a double route today including Upper Dry Creek, Wolfe Point and Schoolie. Residents are reminded to put totes to the road for trash pick up. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: a roast beef sandwich and cucumber melon salad.
- Friday Fitness options today include Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at 12:10 in the atrium at the clinic. Personal training is back at the Community Center – find out more by calling the Community Wellness Department 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is today on campus next to the Community Action Team office today starting at 10am. The outdoor market features locally made arts, crafts, value-added foods, and locally-grown fruit and vegetables. This summer’s Outdoor Markets will be on Fridays on Tribal Paydays. KWSO will have our booth set up and we look forward to seeing you stop by. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Tune into KWSO from noon to 10pm today through Sunday for the Waterfront Blues Festival live from Portland. The Waterfront Blues Festival on the stations of Oregon Community Media including 91.9 FM KWSO!
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The summer Financial Skills for Families class series will begin on July 23rd at the Community Action Team office on campus. It will be held Tuesday evenings and dinner will be provided. This is a requirement for Oregon Individual Development Program participants.
The Summer Jam Film Fest is happening on Saturday July 20th at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors will open at 6pm. This year’s video theme is Language is Power. There will be door prizes, youth t-shirts, and local videos. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free! Contact Bigg B if you have any questions.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.