Community Calendar for Thursday July 4, 2019
- This Thursday is Independence Day. The tribal organization will be closed, as will the IHS clinic.
- This year’s 4th of July Parade in Warm Springs will honor Marines. Parade lineup will begin at 9am in front of the Family Resource Center and Presbyterian Church for participants, judging is at 10:00 and the parade will start at 11. Watch for KWSO’s float in the parade. A barbecue and family games will follow at the Community Center.
- The Todd Beamer Memorial run will be held this morning in Madras. Registration will start at 6:15 at Sahalee Park. The events are a 6-mile walk, 5k run, 10k run and 2 mile fun run. The 6-mile walk starts at 7am, the bus for the 5 & 10k runs leaves at 7:30 and the 2-mile fun run is at 9. After the races, there will be food, a parade and celebration in the park. All proceeds go to the Todd Beamer Memorial Scholarship.
- The Downtown Park & Play event is today from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. There will be food, music and vendors. Anyone interested in setting up as a vendor can visit downtown park and play dot com. KWSO will have a booth at the Park & Play and we look forward to seeing you.
- In Warm Springs this 4th of July, fireworks should be lit at one of these designated locations: Community Center parking lot, Simnasho Longhouse parking lot, Agency Longhouse parking lot or the campus grassy area across from the courthouse. Remember to bring water or a fire extinguisher with you, safely dispose of used fireworks and clean up after yourselves. Let’s all do our part to make this 4th a safe one!
- Tune into KWSO at noon today for the Waterfront Blues Festival live from Portland. We will bring you the blues today thru Sunday from noon until 10pm each day. The Waterfront Blues Festival on the stations of Oregon Community Media including 91.9 FM KWSO!
- Warm Springs Sanitation will do a double route on Friday including Upper Dry Creek, Wolfe Point and Schoolie. Residents are reminded to put totes to the road for trash pick up. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market is tomorrow on campus next to the Community Action Team office starting at 10am. The outdoor market features locally made arts, crafts, value-added foods, and locally-grown fruit and vegetables. This summer’s Outdoor Markets will be on Fridays on Tribal Paydays. KWSO will have our booth set up and we look forward to seeing you stop by. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148.
Mark your calendar for the Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs on August 15th. New this year there will be an outdoor market and food vendors during the event. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.