Community Calendar for Saturday July 13, 2019
- A Boil Water Order remains in place for the Agency Water System here in Warm Springs. Continue to boil water for three minutes before using or use bottled water.
- Drinking Water Distribution is taking place at the Old Elementary School Library 10am – 3pm today & tomorrow.
- The water system continues to have problems and reservoir tanks are low so it is critical that everyone conserves water.
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- The Jefferson County Relay for Life is today at the Fairgrounds in Madras. The opening ceremony will be at 10am. The Silent Auction – with more than 400 items, opens at 11am and closes at 7pm. Teams of Walkers will participate in a relay walk for a 24 hour period with special games and activities. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society to help with cancer research, education & advocacy. This year, cancer survivor Becky Picard of Warm Springs will be recognized.
- The Madras High School Key Club is offering a Kids’ Cultural Day today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park. The country being highlighted is Mexico. There will be craft activities for children, samples of Peruvian food and drinks and traditional costumes.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
There sports physical clinic at the Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center on Wednesday, July 17th, on a first come first serve basis. Kids will need to bring a parent or guardian with them and can start checking in at 12:45.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The summer Financial Skills for Families class series will begin on July 23rd at the Community Action Team office on campus. It will be held Tuesday evenings and dinner will be provided. This is a requirement for Oregon Individual Development Program participants.
The Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo is July 24-27. Wednesday will be Honoring Veteran’s Day. Thursday is Kid’s Day. Friday is Senior Citizen’s Day. And, Saturday will be Can Cancer Day – everyone wear purple. Entry into the fair is free. Presale carnival ride passes are on sale now at the Grocery Outlet in Madras until July 23. There will be night entertainment and the rodeo starts at 7pm on Friday and Saturday.
The Warm Springs Library is having a summer reading program for youth 18 and younger. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.