Community Calendar for Sunday July 14, 2019
- A Boil Water Order remains in place for the Agency Water System here in Warm Springs. Continue to boil water for three minutes before using or use bottled water.
- Drinking Water Distribution is taking place at the Old Elementary School Library 10am – 3pm today.
- The water system continues to have problems and reservoir tanks are low so it is critical that everyone to conserve water.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center on Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- Registration for youth sports through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open. 5th & 6th grade tackle and youth flag football for ages 4-9 is being taken through Tuesday, July 16th. Youth soccer registration will be taken through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online: macrecdistrict.com
- School sports physical clinic at the Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center on Wednesday, on a first come first serve basis. Kids will need to bring a parent or guardian with them and can start checking in at 12:45.
The month of August at Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Application forms are available at the gallery or online. Work can be dropped off any time during business hours the last week of July. The opening reception for the All Jefferson County Exhibit will be Thursday August 1st from 5:30-7PM.
Indianpreneurship classes are coming up August 17 & 24 at the Community Action Team office. This program teaches the basics you need to know to start your own business. They will cover all 12 lessons over the two Saturdays from 9am to 4:30pm. Call 541-553-3148 to sign up.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.