Community Calendar for Tuesday August 20, 2019
- Warm Springs Construction will begin the Sunnyside Road Project today. Sunnyside Drive will be closed from Tmsh Street to Upper Dry Creek Road through October 4th. Construction will go into November. If you have any questions contact Ben Bisland 541-553-3207.
- The Summer Meal Program will be available today through Friday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center today and will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal.
- There is youth yoga class this morning at 10 in the Community Center aerobics room. During the noon hour there is a Functional Fitness Class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is parmesan chicken, roasted carrots, cauliflower with almonds, whole grain pasta and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort that starts in October. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an information session at their Cloverdale office in Sisters this Thursday. Other dates are September 5, 12, 26 or October 3 also in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at heartoforegon.org.
- The Wasco County Fair & Rodeo is this Thursday through the weekend in Tygh Valley. Warm Springs Tribal Members get free admission! Thursday is free admission day for all, kid’s fun & games, a free senior luncheon and barrel racing in the arena. Friday & Saturday is the NPRA Rodeo. On Sunday, there’s free breakfast, the youth livestock auction and a demolition derby.
The final Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is on September 5th. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras from 5-9pm. Visit http://downtownparkandplay.com/ to learn more.
The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is coming up on Thursday, August 29th from 4-6pm at the K-8 Academy.
Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should contact the Prevention Program.