Community Calendar for Wednesday August 21, 2019
- The Summer Meal Program will be available today through Friday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- Warm Springs Telecom have a Maintenance Window today (Wed) from 10am – 4pm that may cause intermittent outages for customers. This is an ongoing effort to do tower upgrades and equipment maintenance.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: lasagna roll, steamed broccoli and fruit smoothie.
- Today’s other Warm Springs Fitness activities: Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the Community Center Aerobics Room and Pi-Yo class, also at 12:10, in pod A at the clinic. There is Fusion Fitness class tomorrow morning at 6 at the Community Center.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting in October. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an information session at their Cloverdale office in Sisters tomorrow. Other dates are September 5, 12, 26 or October 3 also in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at heartoforegon.org.
- A Warm Springs Graduate Banquet Celebration will be held tomorrow from 5:30-7:30 at the Museum at Warm Springs. All graduates of high school, trade school and college and their families should attend.
- The Wasco County Fair & Rodeo starts tomorrow and goes through the weekend in Tygh Valley. Warm Springs Tribal Members get free admission! Thursday is free admission day for all, kid’s fun & games, a free senior luncheon and barrel racing in the arena. Friday & Saturday is the NPRA Rodeo. On Sunday, there’s free breakfast, the youth livestock auction and a demolition derby.
- The Airshow of the Cascades is this weekend at the Madras Airport. Gates open to the public at 2pm Friday – tickets include entrance into the Erickson Aircraft Collection. There is also a car show, vintage bicycle show, food booths and vendors At 4:00 airplane and helicopter rides start, there’s live music from 5-6:30. There’s a fish & chips dinner while it lasts starting at 5:30. Aerobatic performances start at 7, a special night display at 9 and fireworks from 9:30-10. Gates open on Saturday at 9am.
Warm Spring Recreation’s Back to School Yard Sale is on Saturday on the front yard of the Community Center. Tables are limited – reserve one by calling 541-553-3243. The sale will be from 9-4.
Friday August 30th it the last day for kids to turn in book slips for the Warm Springs Library’s summer reading program. Remember – for every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes.