Construction is taking place this week to repair Pressure Reducing Valves in the Agency Water Distribution System. Work is scheduled all week with water shut off occurring for at least 12 hours each day starting at 5am. This will mean low pressure and possible outages for areas being worked on. Tuesday’s work will impact Miller Heights and the Campus Area. Wednesday’s work will affect Upper Dry Creek, the Industrial Park, Mecca Flat Road, Homes along highway 26 and possibly Campus. Thursday’s work will impact West Hills and Greeley Heights. The boil water notice remains in effect.
- Registration for Summer School at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy is available now for all incoming Kindergarten students and selected 1st through 8th grade students who received a letter in the mail. Summer School Registration forms are available at the School District Office on Buff Street in Madras, here at KWSO and at Warm Springs Culture & Heritage department. If you have questions call 541-475-6192. The registration deadline is this Thursday. Summer school starts next Monday
- Families of new Kindergarten students need to make sure you complete an Enrollment Packets to register for school at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. You can call 541-475-6192 or stop by the Jefferson County 509J School District office in Madras on Buff Street. We also have Kindergarten Enrollment Packets available at KWSO in case you can’t make it to town. The Kindergarten teachers would like to get everyone registered by this Thursday.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals at the Warm Springs Youth Center are at 8:45 for breakfast and noon for lunch.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is baked smelt, roasted roots & carrots, wild rice pilaf and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. To learn more call 541-553-4952.
- A Volleyball Fundamentals camp will be held this week at the Warm Springs Youth Center on today, tomorrow & Thursday. This is for Middle School thru High School age youth. The camp is each evening from 5:30-7pm.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at MAC rec district dot com (www.macrecdistrict.com)
Kids still have all of August to get in on the Warm Springs Library’s summer reading program. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.
8/7 There is a bingo and a Mexican food fundraiser this Wednesday from 6-9pm at Warm Springs Fire Management. All proceeds go to the 2019 Wildland Firefighter Memorial.
8/8 The Fish & Wildlife Committee is hosting a public meeting on the 2019 off-reservation hunting regulations this Thursday at 5:30pm at the Agency Longhouse. All hunters should attend.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences this month – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is a community gathering planned for all participants on August 25th. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due August 16th. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or email@example.com.